PG Music Home
Posted By: Phil MacIntyre Jukebox delay not working [Resolved] - 05/27/23 02:15 PM
The delay between songs on playing my jukebox has stopped working. The jukebox immediately goes to the next song without a delay. I have spent an hour trying to figure out the problem but I cannot. I don't know what has changed or why the delay no longer works. Any suggestions? I have thoroughly searched the forum.
Posted By: DrDan Re: Jukebox delay not working - 05/27/23 02:25 PM
What version of BIAB?
Posted By: Phil MacIntyre Re: Jukebox delay not working - 05/27/23 05:58 PM
My biab is 2016 (438). The delay feature WAS working, but something I did disabled the delay.
Posted By: DrDan Re: Jukebox delay not working - 05/27/23 07:08 PM
You do have it set for a delay, right? Otherwise, the only thing I can suggest is to use "Return to Factory Settings"

Attached picture Screenshot 2023-05-27 170639.jpg
Posted By: Phil MacIntyre Re: Jukebox delay not working - 05/28/23 02:03 PM
I use none of those jukebox settings you have, And the one setting that I do use is audible count in click. I tried your settings just because and it didn't make a difference.
I suppose return to factory settings is an option. It is sort of like blowing up your instrument because it's out of tune. The delay between songs worked just fine until it stopped working. Thanks anyways.
Posted By: DrDan Re: Jukebox delay not working - 05/28/23 04:45 PM
RTFS is actually very standard practice with BIAB. If fixes a myriad of ailments.

"I use none of those jukebox settings you have", well you do set the delay between songs don't you? Otherwise, it would "go immediatley to the next song with out a delay" crazy
Posted By: Phil MacIntyre Re: Jukebox delay not working - 05/29/23 08:09 PM
Yes, I had the delay set to 40 seconds in the jukebox So I could find my music sheets in between songs, Is especially if I used random order.
I tried the factory reset and the experience was horrible. Nothing seemed to work properly. I have spent way too many hours fine tuning biab to make it work as I like.

No delay. Oh well.
Posted By: Jim Fogle Re: Jukebox delay not working - 05/30/23 10:54 PM
Phil MacIntyre,

I understand and can relate to your frustration at losing all your settings after using the Return To Factory Settings option. I've also suffered through that situation multiple times. However, I discovered you don't have to experience losing your settings.

Once you have the settings the way you like you can navigate to Options > Save Preferences As ... and create a personal Preference file that saves all your settings.

Then when you need to use the Return To Factory Settings option you can navigate to Options > Open Preferences and load your personal settings.

Once I upgrade the program I create a new Preference file that reflect the settings for that year.

I can perform a Return To Factory Settings and load my personal Preference file with my settings in less than a minute. Having the personal Preference file removes all the frustration associated with having to use the Return To Factory Settings option.

Description: Options Menu. Open Preferences is highlighted in blue while Save Preferences As ... is highlighted in red.
Attached picture Clipboard01.jpg

Description: My personal Preference files
Attached picture Clipboard02.jpg
Posted By: DrDan Re: Jukebox delay not working - 06/01/23 11:18 AM
Sorry you are having so many problem. I just played through the Jukebox in the current version of 2023 (1011) of BIAB with a 20 second delay and it work as claimed. I can't go back to your 2016 to confirm your claim.

I am also surprized by your issue with RTFS. Are you on a PC? or a MAC? I have never seen this issue on a PC. RTFS has never been a problem for me since I know exactly what I change in the setting and can always easily update.

Look close at your audio drivers (MME?) is all I can suggest.

Good luck

Dan
Posted By: Phil MacIntyre Re: Jukebox delay not working - 06/20/23 10:45 PM
I am not sure why but after a several weeks the delay just started working again. It was a really important feature for me and I'm glad things are back to normal.
© PG Music Forums