PG Music Home
Hello, I would like for example to edit 3 songs in 1:
1rst Song " times: A (8 bars)x2, B (8 bars)x2
then
2d Song 3 times: A (8 bars)x2, B (8 bars)x2
then
3rd Song : 3 times: A (8 bars)x2, B (8 bars)x2

How to set up the song, the grid, the structure.

It seems not very easy to me to organize the repeats.
For example, if a do only the first song, I can do 3 global repeats with setting 3 chorus, but if i continue to write the 2d song, then I can only have Chorus including the first song and the 2d song.

Can somebody help me with it? Thank you
I don't think you can arrange repeats in that way. If I am understanding correctly, I think you might be able to achieve your result like this:

One song, 96 bars long.

Set the Style required for the first song.
1-16 bars of Part A
17-32 bars of Part B
At bar 33, use Function key <F5> to change the style required for your second song
33-48 bars of Part A
49-64 bars of Part B
At bar 65, use Function key <F5> to change the style required for your third song
65-80 bars of Part A
81-96 bars of Part B

I'm not sure if you require a segue between songs, if so you could add bars as required.
I agree with AudioTrack. However, saving each song individually then incorporating them using the Song Form Medley Maker will create a linear SGU file to play the repeats like you want and to have the SGU also play three full choruses.

Limitations to this are the first song can't be in 3/4 time and the second is the Medley cannot exceed the 255 bar limit.

Attached picture Screenshot 2023-07-24 123701.jpg
Attached picture Screenshot 2023-07-24 123807.jpg
When I first started with Band in a Box, being somewhat classically trained, I knew the musical road signs and how to use them. However, I soon discovered that it is so much easier to simply use the EDIT>SONG FORM> UNFOLD commands to unfold into the linear form others have mentioned. You can use the repeats if your song structure is simple but the more complicated you make it the more impossible it becomes to understand. That's why I opted, early on, to go linear. Now, the very first thing I do is to UNFOLD the song. I can add or delete the measures as needed to get the correct length. Structuring is super easy since it's basically nothing more than copy and paste once you have a verse and a chorus. Adding bridges and creating custom parts is also easily done.

What I like about the linear form is you can easily start anywhere in the song or if you stop and then restart you don't have to try to guess where you are in the song. The repeats always had me wondering if I was in the first, second, or third repeat. No guessing in the linear. You know immediately.
Thank you, that is a good information for me!
© PG Music Forums