PG Music Home
Posted By: ShawnR DoubleTime Section Affects Entire Song? - 10/07/23 06:22 PM
Greetings,

Within BIAB, I want to set the bridge section of my tune to use the doubletime timebase of my RealDrums selection. Problem is when I do this through the ReallDrum Picker, the entire tune's RealDrums are set to doubletime. Any suggestions appreciated.

Michael Rampy
Posted By: DrDan Re: DoubleTime Section Affects Entire Song? - 10/07/23 11:04 PM
When you use bar setting to change the drums from normal to double-time then you need to change them back to normal at a later bar using bar setting again. Is that what you are looking for?

Or if you want only the drums to switch, you may need to freeze all other tracks so they stay normal time.

Not sure if that helps?
Posted By: ShawnR Re: DoubleTime Section Affects Entire Song? - 10/07/23 11:40 PM
Yes, I am trying to do exactly what you are describing, but the result of making the doubletime timebase selection is that the song's entire RealDrum track is doubletimed.

Michael
I haven’t tried this in awhile but I think changing the time base does affect the whole track.

Consider experimenting with a couple of workarounds. Something like this:

You might generate a drum track, freeze it, then copy it to a Utility Track. Then change the drum time base to double time. Mute and unmute the drum track as needed with F5, and do audio editing on the unwanted parts of the Utility Track.
Posted By: ShawnR Re: DoubleTime Section Affects Entire Song? - 10/09/23 08:37 PM
Ah, yes, have not yet done much experimentation with the Utility Tracks, but I believe I follow your suggestion. Thanks, Matt!

Regards,
Shawn Rampy
Posted By: ShawnR Re: DoubleTime Section Affects Entire Song? - 10/09/23 08:50 PM
Ah, yes, have not yet done much experimentation with the Utility Tracks, but I believe I follow your suggestion. Thanks, Matt!

Regards,
Shawn Rampy
There are times when one needs to think outside of the box.....

I and others here use a DAW for editing our projects. Simply export the tracks, slice and dice as needed in the DAW where it's so much easier to do.

Doing what Matt mentioned is a relatively easy job in a good DAW. I've done this exact thing. Generate the song twice with different styles or whatever and reassemble it to your liking in the DAW.
© PG Music Forums