PG Music Home
Hello everyone! I’m wondering:

When I go to the style picker I get some really cool styles as well as some older and very robotic sounding styles.

I’m not complaining because a lot of them are still a good starting point.

After I’ve chosen my style I then start searching for real tracks to replace the more “obviously computerish sounding” old school midi instruments but when I hear the samples of the real tracks there are so many FAR FAR SUPERIOR styles in the real tracks examples.

Then it’s kind of hit and miss, trial and error picking real tracks that fit the style picker styles as they don’t seem to always match up. Much of the time I’m finding that when I get the real tracks into the song they don’t sound at all similar to the examples OR they are playing at twice or half the speed of the style that I picked for the song even though they do sound like they would work based on the real track’s sample.

How can I access the styles that are referenced in the real tracks examples? They seem
To be much better in general than the style picker examples.

Do I have this correct? “Use the style picker to get the basic groove or feel and then keep trying real tracks until I get what I think sounds good”?
I think you are pretty close to the mark. The way I would do this is to let BiaB choose the most appropriate RealTracks substitution for you.

Also make sure that you select the correct time-base.

Follow the numbers:
[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Attached picture 2023-11-21_16-51-49.jpg
Attached picture 2023-11-21_16-53-43.jpg
Also, in the main RealTrack StylePicker, highlighting an instrument and click on the Style demo button for a list of some of the other Styles that instrument is included in.

Attached picture Screenshot 2023-11-21 052820.jpg
© PG Music Forums