PG Music Home
Posted By: Marty Sorensen Great use for BIAB - 12/02/16 08:03 PM
I haven't become familiar enough, or musical enough, (yet) to post songs, but I did something else. My doctor said I had to walk intervals, so as soon as I got home, I went to BIAB and loaded a whole bunch of styles and the song that goes with it, and saved them as mp3 files in 100, 110, 115 and 120 beats per minute. 120 is really hard for me, but I'm just starting out. It's a great way to study, too.
Posted By: David Snyder Re: Great use for BIAB - 12/02/16 08:33 PM
Wow! Smart!

That's what I am talking about. You mean you loaded the demos?

That is the ticket, man, if you did. Quickest way to learn.
Posted By: Marty Sorensen Re: Great use for BIAB - 12/02/16 09:25 PM
Yeah, just loaded the demos, really quick, and I need 20,000 steps a day, so there will be lots of material to listen to. I also started looking your dropbox, and tried a couple of dots, and they are great - thanks.
Posted By: Jim Fogle Re: Great use for BIAB - 12/02/16 11:56 PM
Marty,

That is an inventive use for Band-in-a-Box. There are a few (midi) march styles!
Posted By: Noel96 Re: Great use for BIAB - 12/03/16 03:00 AM
Originally Posted By: Marty Sorensen
I haven't become familiar enough, or musical enough, (yet) to post songs, but I did something else. My doctor said I had to walk intervals, so as soon as I got home, I went to BIAB and loaded a whole bunch of styles and the song that goes with it, and saved them as mp3 files in 100, 110, 115 and 120 beats per minute. 120 is really hard for me, but I'm just starting out. It's a great way to study, too.

I've never heard of this one before Marty. What a great use!!! I must try it. I definitely need to get out and about some more.
Posted By: MarioD Re: Great use for BIAB - 12/03/16 10:56 AM
Marty, what a great idea and a very interesting way to get some health benefits from BiaB.
Posted By: jazzsax Re: Great use for BIAB - 12/03/16 01:25 PM
Welcome Marty, good to have another member from San Jose here on the forum. I have been using BIAB for many years. I've used the program since the 90's, if you need quick help feel free to PM me.
Posted By: Edward Buckley Re: Great use for BIAB - 12/10/16 02:30 PM
Marty, this is GOLD, I would have never thought of this! I've been reading that steady state cardio is not a good way to lose weight, that its much better to walk FAST for 3 min, or RUN, then for 3 minutes walk at a brisk pace, then repeat, I'm going to have to try this. Did you batch convert to MP3? If so, how? thanks
Edward
Posted By: Marty Sorensen Re: Great use for BIAB - 12/10/16 09:46 PM
Edward, I didn't. I went through the picker, found something that I liked then loaded the demo song and then just saved special as mp3 and it went very fast. So I didn't even think of batch, but I wouldn't know how, anyway. Some I saved twice, once at a faster beat.

Marty
Posted By: Guitarhacker Re: Great use for BIAB - 12/11/16 11:15 AM
What a cool idea.

The Red Cross grabbed the song "Staying Alive" as the song to "play in your head" when doing compression only CPR as the tempo is perfect for the chest compression speed needed. And the title is kind of right on target too.
© PG Music Forums