PG Music Home
Hey Folks,

Couple of things real quick.

First Bookmark this:

It is "David's BIAB Drop Box Beginners Folder."

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/y4ujowwpqh5y42t/AABnCcRP8YYL6ydXzoebe2Nza?dl=0

More on this in a second.

Ok, now a few quick things for clarity: this it not "my thread" as someone asked--it is a community thread, and you can expect answers to come from everywhere, and from PG Staffers when stuff gets really technical.

I.e., PG Staffers will have their eye on this thread.

Also, we will try and get back to you as soon as we can, but some questions take research and we can't always do instant replies.

Additionally, I am building out a drop box to put major lessons in pdf format so that I can reference them. That way I can point people to specific lessons. For example: midi is a tricky subject for beginners. I will try and write a "beginner's guide to midi" when I have a chance that may be helpful.

Also, please see the drop box for the 2016 manual.

When I get the 2017 version I will put that in there was well.

You have to put the manual on your desktop or within reach.

We can talk here, for example, about important points like shots and holds, and the basics of how to use them, but for every major subject like this, it is extremely useful to also search those topics of interest in the manual and study them because there is SO MUCH TO LEARN.

Asking people to "study the manual" on certain topics is not a cop out--it is something you absolutely have to do to become an expert on certain functions beyond the beginner's stage.

Have fun!

This screenshot is also in drop box. I may refer to it and the 2017 screenshot once I have it for convenience.

Attached picture BIAB 2016 Homescreen.png
David,
Great idea!
Thanks
Originally Posted By: David Snyder

We can talk here, for example, about important points like shots and holds, and the basics of how to use them, but for every major subject like this, it is extremely useful to also search those topics of interest in the manual and study them because there is SO MUCH TO LEARN.

i would also suggest folks become familuar with the forum's advanced search function

Use +keyword for required keywords.

Use -keyword to exclude posts with a keyword.

Use "quotes around a phrase" to search for a phrase.

Use * at the end of a word to match partial words.

The minimum search word length is 3 characters.
Thanks, Mike. I needed that simply stated recipe. I'd given up on using the advanced search feature. I just searched for .... +wk7500 ..... in this forum and it found you!
Thank you, David. You put a lot of time and thought into these tools. 4h3y are fantastic!
© PG Music Forums