PG Music Home
Posted By: wish Another one.... - 12/09/16 10:47 PM
So here I am making a simple backing track - John Denver's "Be back home again" using Hanks1 style (limited at the moment until 2017 updates arrive).
At the chorus the drums are good, guitars (which I will mute) are all good but the Pedal steel seems not to accentuate the beginning of the chorus - so its a bit airy fairy. I have tried to generate/play without success.
Is there anyway I can use this real track to come in strong on the beginning of the chorus bar or in fact any bar??
I've tried working with pushes but don't yet understand what they exactly do.
Cheers
Posted By: wish Re: Another one.... - 12/09/16 11:12 PM
So I've just muted the steel guitar and added a soloist steel and have "fixed" the problem but if there is an answer or other suggestions to the initial query I'll take it on board.
Posted By: wish Re: Another one.... - 12/09/16 11:27 PM
But yet another issue...the drum beat changes at the chorus and have no part makers to indicate it should, not sure how BiaB knows its a chorus.
Think I'll start again!!
What does ^^D mean at the beginning of a bar?? and how did they get there??
Sorry about all this..
Posted By: Pipeline Re: Another one.... - 12/09/16 11:37 PM
You might be better using RealBand to get it just how you want as you can regenerate any section, change instruments/drums anywhere, you have MultiRiffs and up to 48 tracks.

Type the caret symbol ‘^’ before the chord. (The caret symbol is located above the 6 on the keyboard.)

Type a single caret to get a chord an eighth note before the beat.

e.g. ^C7

Type a double caret to get a chord a sixteenth note before the beat.

e.g. ^^C7

In Jazz styles (and other triplet feels), the chord will be pushed by a triplet, regardless if there is a single or double caret (^^).
Posted By: wish Re: Another one.... - 12/09/16 11:44 PM
I'll try that, thanks.
Posted By: BlueAttitude Re: Another one.... - 12/10/16 07:22 AM
Originally Posted By: wish
But yet another issue...the drum beat changes at the chorus and have no part makers to indicate it should, not sure how BiaB knows its a chorus.
Think I'll start again!!
What does ^^D mean at the beginning of a bar?? and how did they get there??
Sorry about all this..

"^^D" means that for the "D" chord to have told it to push by a 1/16 note. You can get rid of that by going to the chord settings (Alt-F5)

If you drum beat is changing and you don't have a part marker there, did you possibly change to a new drum part for that bar? You can tell, if you did the bar number will have a red underline. "F5" brings up the bar settings, including switching to a different realdrum track.
Posted By: Guitarhacker Re: Another one.... - 12/10/16 10:38 AM
Yup... if one track doesn't work like you expect... try another. I do that all the time. Also regenerate the track because each regen is slightly different. If you get something you really, really like.... freeze it and save it...or if you're taking it to a DAW, export it right then and there. Otherwise, you're libel to lose it.
Posted By: DrDan Re: Another one.... - 12/10/16 12:15 PM
Originally Posted By: wish

Could this be what is going on?. BIAB will by default insert a drum fill and switch to "B substyle" at the start of the middle chorus. You can change this in Song Settings by removing the check.

Posted By: wish Re: Another one.... - 12/10/16 07:19 PM
Loving the help, thanks. Will update the progress.
© PG Music Forums