PG Music Home
Just came back to Biab for the first time in five or six years. Upgraded to UltraPack 2017, which is about 90GB. I have a very reliable 60-80mbps connection and and regularly download 30gb or larger applications at great transfer rates. With the Biab server I am looking at hideously slow speeds (under 200kbps). I went and tried at my office, which is a 100+ mbps fiber connection and got the same result. That tells me their servers are not well located or perhaps there is some other network issue.

Is this likely to improve or should I contact customer support to see if I can still tack on the hard drive option? At this rate, each realtrack file is a 2-3 hour affair, rather than the 4-5 minutes I would expect a 1GB file to take.

Thanks for any thoughts.
Sealcove

You can go to your accounts page on pg music,...and just click on the individual downloads and d/load from there ..it is a faster option...

Hope that helps... I done this ...then weeks later I ordered the hard drive for 20 dollars....thinking it will be good back up...but here in the u.k.

I got import tax costs 44 gbp.

Take care
Thanks for that. I just assumed that their download utility would be efficient. I was getting 55kbps on a file when I stopped the utility, and then got 7mbps+ via direct download. Much better!
Good stuff..

Merry Xmas
Bummer. Worked great for a couple of files and then went back to about 100kbps. Maybe it will improve again, but I sent a message about adding the hard drive if possible. It is prime time, so perhaps the server is currently loaded, or there is some other bottleneck.

Thanks again.
Anno does take a day or so to get the 90 gig down.

I do recommend buying the hard drive at 20 dollars.

I did have it all d/loaded ..then ordered the hard drive 20 dollars it is a steal.

Just my country not pg music 44 gbp....wtf..
You can add the hard drive at anytime.

You will love it when you are sorted ...just a bit of pain..!

Take care

Merry xmas
If it is available on the HD , man that's the way to go. You get the factory perfect option right out of the box.

When you order the HD, I think you have access to the DL version. I have never tried the DL since it is so freaking huge.

I always run the HD version from the HD as well. AND.... there's storage space on the HD that you can use to keep projects and finished waves.
When I order the HD version I just DL the BiaB program. That way I get a head start on it prior to loading all of the RTs, RDs, and MIDI stuff that is on the HD.
The downloads have gone much better since last night. It was probably server overload or general internet congestion. I still plan to get the hard drive and have a message into support requesting it.

I am just getting my feet underneath me again with the program, but it sure seems to have come along nicely since my last version. Not that it wasnt great before, but I am impressed at all of the improvements.
Any one from the UK know if we have to pay extra customs on the pen drive upgrades from Canada like we do with the hard drives?

Thanks for any info.
© PG Music Forums