PG Music Home
I tried changing some instrument sounds in a style, the WRWALTZ (Weather Report Waltz), and now I cannot get it back to where it started.

How do I get a style to revert to the instrument sounds it originally came with?

Thank you in advance for all the generous expertise here on this forum!
If you go into Style picker and reload the Style it should return you to the original instruments. If you made changes and then saved the style without renaming it, you will have over written the original. Getting back then requires a reinstall.

I don't have a style called WRWALTZ but I do have a midi-only style called WR_WALTZ..... is this the one you mean? If you can confirm this, a user will be able to post the instruments used on each track.
Yes, it is WR_WALTZ.STY W-Report Waltz Fusion.

I think I must've written over the original, and I did do a reinstall last night. When I opened up the file it still appeared to have the changed midi sounds associated with it.

I didn't realize this was a midi-only style. I have gotten to liking the RealTracks sound better than midi pretty quickly it would seem.
If you're loading the song, the instruments will be different due to saving the song that way. Try a new song and THEN load the style. The style should be with the original instruments.

Trax
Also, if you replaced the original midi tracks (yellow names) with Realtracks (green names), simply go back into the Realtrack picker and set the RTs to none to unload them. This will return you to the initial midi tracks.
Also, if you replaced the original midi tracks (yellow names) with Realtracks (green names), simply go back into the Realtrack picker and set the RTs to none to unload them. This will return you to the initial midi tracks.
And remember, substituting a MIDI track in a style with a RealTrack does not play the notes from the MIDI style; it plays whatever the RealTrack is. Period.

Also, if you load a swing MIDI style and substitute a RealTrack with straight feel, that track is not going to play swing, it will play straight.
© PG Music Forums