PG Music Home
Posted By: WendyM How to write this in BB? - 06/21/17 12:16 PM
I'm writing a collab with a guy who has done his BT on a yamaha sequencer and his BT sounds OK but the one I have written in BB is FAR better. Well i would say that wouldnt I.
Problem is I cant replicate in BB the little jumpy feel to the intro of his. Its got to be something to do with pushes but i just cant figure it. can someone listen and tell me how it should be done please.

https://app.box.com/s/ckmmud9a7rohonmg3tqfgwc3in5yze79

And this is how Im writing it -
https://app.box.com/s/gl5chq75870c944igwrt81sz0p9wi902
WendyM
Posted By: AudioTrack Re: How to write this in BB? - 06/21/17 06:10 PM
Wendy,

Styles can be pushed so that the instrument plays ahead of the time that the chord begins.

Entering a single caret symbol ^ before the chord will give an eighth note push, and a double caret ^^ will give a 16th note push.

You can also enter this data through the Chord Options dialog (Alt-F5 is the hot key) and selecting the appropriate radio button.

Remember also, that you can enter up to four chords on a bar, by entering them as pairs, separated with a comma, e.g: F,C7 Bb,Dm or just use a comma to play the note on the 2nd or the 4th, e.g. ,C7

That might get you close to your requirements.
Posted By: floyd jane Re: How to write this in BB? - 06/21/17 06:26 PM
I tried what Trevor suggested - using pushes... it doesn't really work (I can seldom get the pushes to sound the way I expect them to).

I tried using different chords - and it does give you an alternative - though still won't play that figure with the feeling that the original has...(I bumped it up to 75 bpm, too)

Attached picture BIAB1.JPG
Posted By: floyd jane Re: How to write this in BB? - 06/21/17 06:49 PM
Another thing that you can try... is add a soloist RealTrack of some kind... You won't get the same figure as your original, but you might find something that gives you a similar sound/feel.

I tried a few electric piano soloists. You would have to re-gen for a while to find what works.. I also tried - 1648:Guitar, Acoustic, Soloist JazzFunkBreezy Ev16 075 - it did some interesting things...(when it wasn't too busy)
Posted By: WendyM Re: How to write this in BB? - 06/22/17 08:30 AM
Thank you Videotrack and Floyd. When are you guys NEVER busy? smile
Gave me some great ideas and i plugged away at it last night and this is what I got. it sort of works in bar 1 and is pretty much what i wanted in bar4. Bar2 F#m7 needs even more than the 1/8 puch to get closer but it isnt bad.
oh sorry Floyd, i didnt like the opening chords of yours blush so went back to mine. hope you dont mind.
WendyM

Attached picture WENDY BOB INTRO2.JPG
Posted By: AudioTrack Re: How to write this in BB? - 06/22/17 10:15 AM
Wendy, thanks for letting us know that you managed to get an acceptable result.

Good luck with the song!
© PG Music Forums