PG Music Home
Posted By: vancouverboy Style Picker filter - 06/21/17 07:27 PM
Another question .... when in the Style Picker menu and I click on the Category button and then on, say, "country ballad" I find that the "everything country" gets automatically chosen as well, giving me a much longer list of suitable styles. Have repeated this a number of times with the same result. How can I correct this ?
Posted By: Noel96 Re: Style Picker filter - 06/22/17 05:40 AM
what the filter is doing is to first select "Everything country" then, from within that set, it's selecting the subset of "Country ballad".

If you have a look at the numbers, the number beside "Country ballad" and the number at the top of the memo and to the left of action button are pretty much the same.

Regards,
Noel

Attached picture filter country ballad.jpg
Posted By: vancouverboy Re: Style Picker filter - 06/22/17 04:55 PM
Thanks for your reply. But that's exactly where my problem lies .... in my case those numbers aren't the same and I get this massive list of styles after trying to narrow it down ! The top number, as you indicate is about 760 or so but the bottom number to the left of the action button is 5, 461

Any thoughts ?

Attached picture Screen Shot 2017-06-22 at 12.20.34 PM.png
Posted By: Noel96 Re: Style Picker filter - 06/22/17 05:00 PM
Have you tried starting BIAB by right-clicking on the shortcut and choosing "Run as administrator" to see if that makes a difference?

Also, under the 'Options' menu, try "Return to factory settings" and see if that fixes things. (Before clicking on it, I'd "Save Preferences" first. This is also under the 'Options' menu.) Try the upper reset option first and if that doesn't help, try the lower one.

Regards,
Noel
Posted By: vancouverboy Re: Style Picker filter - 06/22/17 05:13 PM
Oh, just discovered the problem. Oy ! There's a tiny box titled "include similar" up there at the top of the screen and when I uncheck it .... my list drops from 5461 to 761. (There's a lot in that big list that is hardly similar to a "country ballad" but that's beside the point !) Anyway, problem solved and I appreciate your help. Comparing those two numbers, as you suggested, was not something I'd thought to do so you taught me something new ! Also learned a new trick from a different post you made on how to attach a screenshot to a post. Much appreciated.
Posted By: Noel96 Re: Style Picker filter - 06/22/17 05:37 PM
Excellent. I'm glad you got it working!
© PG Music Forums