PG Music Home
Posted By: casak SONG TITLE PROBLEMS - 07/18/17 08:23 AM
BIAB2017

When I print the song you do not see the title. Why?

Attached picture FONTS PROBLEM.JPG
Posted By: AudioTrack Re: SONG TITLE PROBLEMS - 07/18/17 08:47 AM
Casak, this looks to me like a Font selection problem. It is trying to print something, but cannot load or use the selected font.

In Notation > Opt, what have you got selected for these settings, especially the Title Font?
Can you change it to Arial and see if it makes a difference?

Attached picture 2017-07-18_21-44-52.jpg
Posted By: jford Re: SONG TITLE PROBLEMS - 07/18/17 10:48 AM
I suspect you may be running BIAB off the external hard drive, but didn't do the minimal install first, which installs the fonts BIAB needs (as well as a few other items)
Posted By: Matt Finley Re: SONG TITLE PROBLEMS - 07/18/17 01:31 PM
I suspect John is correct and you should run the setup to install fonts. Another quick test would be if you cannot see the notes in Notation Mode.

If you DID install the fonts, then you could try installing them again. Find the seven or so PG fonts in the Windows System32 Fonts folder (I think) and double click each one to install it again.

And Videotrack gave you a good workaround that should work no matter what.
Posted By: AudioTrack Re: SONG TITLE PROBLEMS - 07/19/17 05:33 AM
What was interesting in my observation was that the chords are shown on the chart, and therefore the chords font must be available, which is (usually?) a PG Music supplied font - unless it was changed.
Posted By: casak Re: SONG TITLE PROBLEMS - 07/19/17 11:24 AM
Now I have changed the settings and I use PGTextj and now I view the title but when I print the pdf I always have the message "PGText font not found" error even though in Windows / System the PgText file exists and I also installed it again with double click as it has Matt Finley

Attached picture font settings.JPG
Attached picture title ok.JPG
Posted By: AudioTrack Re: SONG TITLE PROBLEMS - 07/19/17 12:19 PM
Which PDF printer are you using?

If you print to a normal printer do you get different (proper) results?
Posted By: Matt Finley Re: SONG TITLE PROBLEMS - 07/19/17 12:37 PM
If you can't fix this as we have described, give PG Music Support a call. However, as VideoTrack hinted, this might be a question of the PDF printer driver not seeing the installed fonts and have nothing to do with BIAB. If it helps, I use CutePDF but there are a bunch of these virtual printer drivers. PG Music gives away PDF995 or something like that; if the problem is with that print driver, give PG Music a call first.
Posted By: casak Re: SONG TITLE PROBLEMS - 07/19/17 05:04 PM
Yessssssss Matt...With the pdf reader Adobe Reader I have the font problem but with the WIn 8.1 Internal Pdf Reader it works perfectly without any problems.

:-))
Posted By: Matt Finley Re: SONG TITLE PROBLEMS - 07/19/17 05:43 PM
Good luck calling Adobe.

Glad you figured it out.
Posted By: jford Re: SONG TITLE PROBLEMS - 07/20/17 12:04 PM
In most PDF creation software, there is usually a setting to include softfonts within the PDF file, so that it always renders the way you expect. Otherwise, you end up with font substitution and the results can get hinky. You might want to look for that setting.
© PG Music Forums