PG Music Home
when I record some part of guitar i'm no able to listen my own guitar at the same time than the rest of the arrangement (bass, drum etc) so its not easy to figure how its sound like. Is there a way to settle it?
monsieur patate,

Hearing your guitar in the same moment you hear backing tracks is handled by your audio interface. This feature is called direct monitoring. +++ HERE +++ the feature is explained by Focusrite.

An audio interface with direct monitoring will have a headphone jack and internal mixer. The mixer blends the computer audio and your (guitar) audio together then sends the blended sound to the headphone jack. At the same time the mixer sends your (guitar) audio to the computer so it can be recorded.

Many audio interfaces have the direct audio feature. +++ HERE +++ is an inexpensive ($39US) USB microphone with the feature. More expensive audio interfaces sometime include a rotary knob or fader to control the blended mix to the headphone jack.
You simply need to get a good interface and use the proper.... ASIO ... driver.

I like to use an amp or a processor for the guitar and NOT use an amp sim. Sims tend to use lots of processing power and can result in latency. Miking or using a processor lets the interface simply grab the audio, which is super easy and no load on the interface at all.

A decent interface will pass all incoming audio in real time allowing you to hear the tracks from BB or the DAW and the incoming live guitar through the headphones.
tHANKS IT WORKS VERY GOOD!
© PG Music Forums