PG Music Home
Posted By: Live performer Using BIAB with a loop pedal - 07/21/17 01:06 PM
I'm new to BIAB and not sure if this works but recently lost my second guitarist and would like to record his part and down load it to a loop pedal to use in live performance. Is this possible, and if so, how do I accomplish this? I am not computer savvy so please make instructions simple or refer me to where I might find simple instructions. Thank you.
Posted By: Tobias Re: Using BIAB with a loop pedal - 07/21/17 05:17 PM
Sorry for your loss.
Are you going to play along with just his guitar part or are there other instruments such as drums, bass, etc?...
If just his guitar only then the part would pretty much need to be the backing track for what you play. Otherwise how will have an unreasonable challenge of you first playing at the relative same tempo of his part that you can not hear until you hit the looper play button.

I don't think looper pedals/devices are ideal for this. The first thing in the looper is typically a backing/rhythm part.
Can you simply play his part into the looper live, start the loop and do your part?
If his part is a solo type then you need the tempo, create a backing/rhythm track, import his part and edit to sinc it up. Then put it on your playback device/MP3 player. If he didn't recording it with a metronome your in for more work than it's probably worth.
Posted By: Live performer Re: Using BIAB with a loop pedal - 07/21/17 10:48 PM
Thank you. There is bass and we use the Beat Buddy drum pedal.He played some lead and fills. I was thinking of recording the drums and rhythm guitar into the looper and I could play his parts. Just trying to get ideas.
Posted By: Guitarhacker Re: Using BIAB with a loop pedal - 07/21/17 11:15 PM
why not use BB to create the missing tracks? forget the looper.
Posted By: Live performer Re: Using BIAB with a loop pedal - 07/22/17 12:27 PM
How do you record guitar parts onto BB?
Posted By: Flatfoot Re: Using BIAB with a loop pedal - 07/23/17 05:45 PM
Hook up a mike to your soundcard and record to the AUDIO track. Look for the AUDIO menu one row from the top of the screen.
Posted By: Frank Alves Re: Using BIAB with a loop pedal - 07/24/17 01:16 PM
I use a Digitech looper pedal to play my BIAB created backing tracks at gigs. Once I've created and saved by BIAB file, I then transfer it over to my looper pedal using software that is available from Digitech. I store the files as "singles" and not "loops" on the pedal. This is great at gigs because I can move through my different songs using a foot pedal. I prefer this presentation as it seems a bit less obvious visually to an audience, rather than scrolling through songs on a MP3 player or a laptop computer.
Posted By: Live performer Re: Using BIAB with a loop pedal - 07/24/17 09:24 PM
Thank you so much. I'm not very tech savvy but I thought there should be a way to do that. Do you put your songs in order a d scroll through them?
Posted By: Frank Alves Re: Using BIAB with a loop pedal - 07/25/17 01:31 PM
Each song is numbered on my set list. I have a separate FS3X foot switch that allows me to quick scroll through the songs on the pedal. This makes it very easy to change the set list or play requests.

If you purchase extra memory cards you can increase the amount of storage space on most looper pedals. I currently have 80+ songs (saved as WAV files) on my pedal, and have only used a small percentage of my available storage space.
Posted By: Live performer Re: Using BIAB with a loop pedal - 07/25/17 05:56 PM
Which Digitech looper do you have? Would this work with a Boss rc30?
Posted By: Frank Alves Re: Using BIAB with a loop pedal - 07/26/17 12:03 PM
I have the Digitech Solo XT. It looks like with the Boss RC 30 you get 3 hours of storage space.

See: https://www.boss.info/us/products/rc-30/
© PG Music Forums