PG Music Home
Posted By: raddy Chord Wizard - 08/04/17 04:20 AM
I'm trying to get a chord sheet for a song I have (MP3)
I import the song to BIAB then run ACW
The problem I have is that the first few bars are background noise from the audience before the piece starts.
Is there any way to delete the opening sequence so ACW just starts when the music starts?
Posted By: Kev T Re: Chord Wizard - 08/04/17 05:12 AM
Before importing the mp3 to BIAB you could easily edit the audience noise out using Audacity (free) or Adobe Audition or similar Audio editing program. Just load the mp3 into audacity, highlight the audience noise section and delete. "Save As" new file.... minus audience.
Posted By: raddy Re: Chord Wizard - 08/04/17 07:22 AM
Thanks Kev! Will definitely try that, I've never used audacity yet.
Posted By: jford Re: Chord Wizard - 08/04/17 08:06 AM
Or when you launch ACW, the first thing you want to do anyway is too set Bar 1. That starts the wizard 1st the proper location.
Posted By: raddy Re: Chord Wizard - 08/04/17 12:27 PM
I find this really tricky - I am always just a split second before or after so it takes ages and never seems tidy.
When I import the song the song already in the song box plays alongside the imported song. really frustrating.
Posted By: Matt Finley Re: Chord Wizard - 08/04/17 12:45 PM
If you are consistently late establishing the start, I would leave a bit of the noise in the recording when you edit as John said.
Posted By: raddy Re: Chord Wizard - 08/04/17 01:30 PM
That's what I'll do. I'm just trying to get a chord sheet for a jazz piece - the performer /composer isn't that well known. Guess we all have had that experience wink
Posted By: jford Re: Chord Wizard - 08/04/17 03:54 PM
You shouldn't have to be a split second of so off. You can right click on the wav form and it will set Bar 1 right where you clicked. Then, you can hit F8 for the start of each bar, but you can easily move the markers after the fact to get them exactly where you want them.

If BIAB is playing a style along with the imported MP3, and you don't want that, then you need to disable the style (you'll see a red X showing it's disabled). Then you will only hear the MP3 file (played on the audio track).
Posted By: raddy Re: Chord Wizard - 08/05/17 05:16 AM
Thanks J - that's sorted the problem out.
Will I have to click each bar break? It's a long song smile
Posted By: Matt Finley Re: Chord Wizard - 08/05/17 08:04 AM
You can sometimes get it to work with just the start and a few measures. Other songs, especially those not done to a click track, may require marking each bar. You will see the song reformat with each click. Try it.
© PG Music Forums