PG Music Home
Posted By: cubalibre [Solved] Biab magic function request - 10/24/17 07:49 PM
Biab 2017

Hello,
I downloaded Tenderly for biab and I see it is in 3/4. Has Biab some magic function to turn it into 4/4?

Posted By: PeterGannon Re: Biab magic function request - 10/24/17 08:06 PM
Yes, that is called [main menu]- Melody - Edit - Form - Transform Waltz Melody to 4/4
We called that feature "DeStrauss the Melody" in the past, but that name has been lost over the years.

First change the style to a 4/4 style, and it may offer to do that feature for you without invoking that menu item.
Posted By: cubalibre Re: Biab magic function request - 10/26/17 02:13 PM
ohhhhhh yesssss thanks
Posted By: sixchannel Re: Biab magic function request - 10/26/17 05:03 PM
They say it's bad day when you don't learn something new.
What an excellent tip.
cheers
ian
Posted By: rharv Re: Biab magic function request - 10/26/17 08:55 PM
OK, I gotta ask;
Why is a function to change the whole time signature for a song under the 'Melody' menu?

It's a very cool feature, but I would never have guessed this path if I was trying to find out whether BiaB had such a thing.
Thanks for the tip though, now I know it exists.

Posted By: jford Re: Biab magic function request - 10/27/17 06:53 AM
It's not about changing the time signature of the song. It's because it will actually take a 4/4 melody and transform it into a 3/4 melody, by adjusting note durations. Conversely, it will take a 3/4 melody and change it into a 4/4 melody. The process does require changing to an appropriate style (3/4 or 4/4), but art it's heart it transforms the melody. That's why it's under the melody menu
Posted By: AudioTrack Re: Biab magic function request - 10/27/17 09:48 AM
John, that makes absolute sense.

It would not work to convert 4/4 to 3/4 if it just deleted the last quarter note from the melody in every bar.

Conversely, it's also like converting something like Fly Me To the Moon (Bart Howard?) - which I think was written as a Jazz Waltz - to a 4/4 Swing. It would not work with nothing on the 4th beat of every bar.

Thanks for the explanation.

Trev

Posted By: jford Re: Biab magic function request - 10/27/17 11:37 AM
For example, I often do Amazing Grace (which is in 3/4) as a 4/4 song. So instead of (using slashes for non-lyric beats):

3/4
A | maz / ing | grace / how | sweet / the | sound / that | ...

I do it:

4/4
A | maz / / ing | grace / / how | sweet / / the | sound / / that | ...

The "Strauss-in-a-Box" and "De-Strauss" feature will do those changes for you automatically.
© PG Music Forums