PG Music Home
Posted By: cubalibre Export song to mp3 not works - 10/27/17 08:08 AM
BIAB 2017

ok for temporally creation of wav file but then the mp3 file as no done.
wma also it works fine.

How I should do?

Bad installation?
Posted By: Noel96 Re: Export song to mp3 not works - 10/27/17 09:46 AM
It sounds like you don't have the mp3 codec installed on your computer.

BIAB cannot create an mp3 until you install the mp3 codec. Neither Windows nor PG Music have a license to provide the propriety mp3 drivers. They need to be installed from third-party software. The WMA format, however, is provided by Windows and BIAB uses that codec to save as WMA. This is why you can save as WMA but not mp3.

Have a read of the below thread, it explains in detail.

http://www.pgmusic.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=315337

Regards,
Noel

Posted By: Tobias Re: Export song to mp3 not works - 10/30/17 02:29 AM
I have found that BIAB is not very good at converting to MP3.
In my opinion Audacity (which is free) does a better job and offers some simple quick edit features you can do to your .WAV file just prior to converting to MP3. Ex; Amplify, Compressor, edit length of start and end, fade out, etc...

http://www.audacityteam.org/download/

This might seam like a long process but so is tying your shoes if you were to write out each step. Once you get it you will do it without thinking.
You can Download and install Audacity.
Once Audacity is open-
* Edit
*Preferences
*Libraries
*Download LAME MP3 Library
That should take you to: How do I download and install the LAME MP3 encoder? on Audacity's website.
Follow those simple instructions.
After that is done I think you will need to close and re-open Audacity and the first time you attempt to convert to MP3 it may find the LAME codec or may ask you if you want to locate it. If so, you would go back to Libraries and use the LOCATE box.

Use BIAB to save your song to .WAV.
Open Audacity.
File
Import
Audio
Navigate to your .WAV file
Open
It should load into Audacity.
Practice a Export Audio process to make sure you get it correct. You can change the name with a 1, 2, 3 at the end so you know when you got it figured out when you can play back the file in your media player
Now you can open your original .WAV file in Audacity again and use some of the Effects and the Tools all the way on the left side. Namely Selection Tool and Zoom Tool. Also handy is Delete - Undo and Edit - Remove Special - Silence Audio.
Hope this helps.

I also have Reaper DAW that works great and a dedicated DbPowerAmp Music Converter. But I mostly use Audacity for converting songs I created in BIAB and RB.
Posted By: jford Re: Export song to mp3 not works - 10/30/17 12:05 PM
I do this similarly, but with a different audio editing program (Diamond Cut Audio Restoration Tools - called DCart). That way, I can do a little mastering of the audio file before rendering to MP3. It also uses the LAME encoder.
Posted By: Matt Finley Re: Export song to mp3 not works - 10/30/17 02:05 PM
Many PC users of BIAB have indicated they also have Cakewalk SONAR. The program recently added saving to MP3 as a built-in function (without having to install the Lame or other encoder).

I use Adobe Audition. Since I use a hardware MIDI synth, I cannot user the render function in BIAB, so I just record to Audition in real time, trim and do other editing, then export to MP3.
Posted By: lambada Re: Export song to mp3 not works - 10/31/17 05:37 AM
I've always used switch to convert from wav files to mp3. Now I know why I couldn't do mp3. Thanks.
Posted By: jford Re: Export song to mp3 not works - 10/31/17 01:33 PM
The thing about it is that if you install LAME (or if PGMusic cuts some sort of deal to include LAME with BIAB/RealBand), creating the MP3 is just a matter of calling the LAME DLL with appropriate parameters to create the MP3 from a WAV file. They don't need to use the built Windows features (that never seems to work, anyway).

There are several programs that will work with LAME, but you have to (separately) download it to your computer; then just tell the program where the files are. Pretty easy.

That way, you should be able to get quality MP3's directly from BIAB/RealBand.
Posted By: bobbyt9999 Re: Export song to mp3 not works - 11/03/17 11:31 PM
Hi Matt... I just ordered Sonar x4 pro last week. (sadly it isn't here yet)
The way I understand it, once you have Sonar installed you have to go to the Cakewalk site to activate the mp3 encoder. You have to give them your product license number in order to do so. The good news is that Cakewalk doesn't charge you $16.00 anymore. It's now free.

Bobby
Posted By: jazzmammal Re: Export song to mp3 not works - 11/04/17 01:15 PM
I posted earlier this year an article saying Fraunhofer has given up the MP3 codec license so anybody is free to use it. I suggested then that PG should be able to include it now with their products. I've been expecting to see it included in an update but maybe that's not possible, it has to be integrated in such a way that we won't see it until the upcoming 2018 version.

Otherwise I'll say what I've always said, WMA works great, testing has shown at the worst it's sound quality is the same as MP3 and at the best WMA actually sounds better than MP3. Iow, there's no need for MP3. If you like Apple stuff, there's apps to play WMA files, same for Android.

Bob
Posted By: Matt Finley Re: Export song to mp3 not works - 11/04/17 02:24 PM
SONAR went from X1 to X2 to X3, then Platinum. I’m not sure what X4 is. But in Platinum now, MP3 is built in.
Posted By: Jim Fogle Re: Export song to mp3 not works - 11/04/17 03:21 PM
Originally Posted By: jazzmammal
Otherwise I'll say what I've always said, WMA works great, testing has shown at the worst it's sound quality is the same as MP3 and at the best WMA actually sounds better than MP3. Iow, there's no need for MP3. If you like Apple stuff, there's apps to play WMA files, same for Android. Bob

Remember media players many people bought before cell phones were so popular? Depending on what size memory the media player had (256 MB, 512 MB, 1 GB, 4 GB and 8 GB were the most popular ones) you could store a pile of music for your listening pleasure. They play MP3 and WAV but don't play WMA. Microsoft charged a license fee for the WMA decoder.
Posted By: cubalibre Re: Export song to mp3 not works - 11/15/17 10:14 AM
Hello,
this is simple and freeware.

https://www.freac.org/downloads-mainmenu-33
Posted By: Guitarhacker Re: Export song to mp3 not works - 11/15/17 10:34 AM
I use WAVEPAD. it's free and does a good job.
Posted By: Joe -PG Music Re: Export song to mp3 not works - 11/21/17 09:47 PM
Hello Cubalibre, another great converter is one called "Fre:Ac" For more information visit their page at: https://www.freac.org/
© PG Music Forums