PG Music Home
Posted By: RyanR Enter chords in 3/4 time - 11/08/17 02:29 PM
I'd like to enter the chords for a song in 3/4 time.

I figured out how to change the style to 3/4 style.

But how do you enter the chords for 3/4 time? The chord sheet is still showing 4 beats per measure. Is there a way to change the chord sheet to show 3 chords per measure?

Note: I've searched the documentation, the forums, watched a couple of video tutors, searched the web, and even youtube. Still can't find an answer to this basic question. Great program but boy does it have a learning curve! I wonder if there is a book or something that I should read in order to get the basics down.
Posted By: jford Re: Enter chords in 3/4 time - 11/08/17 02:30 PM
You have already figured out the first part - you have to use a 3/4 or waltz style to get 3/4 time.

Each bar is represented by two cells. Just put the first two chords (beats) in the first cell separated by a comma. Then put the third chord (beat) in the next cell (when using a 3/4 or waltz style, the 4th beat is ignored by the style).

Go to the next bar and continue in that same manner.
Posted By: Matt Finley Re: Enter chords in 3/4 time - 11/08/17 02:55 PM
Ryan, John gave you the answer. I just wanted to comment that you did all the right things, trying to solve the question through references. I just looked through the Help, Chord Entry and did not find anything explaining how to use the cells for 3/4 time, so I'm reporting that to the developers.

I'm not aware of a How-to book on BIAB. Most of us learned the program (and are still learning!) by entering a song we know really well, experimenting, and looking things up in the Help. Many also report success viewing the videos (which didn't exit when many of the veterans here learned).

And there's always this forum, as you have seen. Keep the good questions coming.
Posted By: jford Re: Enter chords in 3/4 time - 11/08/17 04:04 PM
Another thing you can do also is to load the sample song for a style and see what was done there.
Posted By: RyanR Re: Enter chords in 3/4 time - 11/08/17 11:25 PM
Thank you very much John and Matt for your fast (and helpful) replies!
Posted By: Guitartist Re: Enter chords in 3/4 time - 11/09/17 11:04 AM
Ryan, in case you might be interested in a set of video tutorials Groove3 has one for Windows and also for Mac.

https://www.groove3.com/Band-in-a-Box-training-video-tutorials/BIAB-2015-for-Windows-Explained

Ron
© PG Music Forums