PG Music Home
Posted By: cubalibre RealBand change instrument sforzando - 12/04/17 08:44 AM
Hi,

in RB when I change the instrument i.e. Acoustic Grand Piano in piano track, if after I go in bass track I view this piano instrument assigned also to bass track.

The same thing happens if I set the bass track, I find the same instrument on the piano track:the tracks instruments.are not independent!

All midi tracks are setted with same instrument!!

in BIAB when I set a track sforzando ask me the chanel. In RB this does not happen.

Where am I wrong?

Attached picture Cattura1.PNG
Posted By: Noel96 Re: RealBand change instrument sforzando - 12/04/17 04:04 PM
sforzando only allows one instrument at a time (it's not a multi-instrumental MIDI synth).

That said, I haven't tried to see if it's possible to load multiple, different instances of sforzando. I'll try when I get home tonight.

In the meantime, what you could do is load the Piano and then create a wav file of that track and load that wav into RB (and then mute the piano midi track). After that, use sforzando on the bass.

Regards,
Noel

Posted By: jford Re: RealBand change instrument sforzando - 12/04/17 04:17 PM
You should be able to load multiple instances of Sforzando into each of the different available ports, then select a different instrument for each.

Just right click on the track and select the option to load a VST into a specific slot, choose the port, then the Sforzando VST for that port. Each instance will work independently of each other.
Posted By: rharv Re: RealBand change instrument sforzando - 12/04/17 09:59 PM
See this thread
http://www.pgmusic.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=438092#Post438092

Accompanied with the image below it should help explain.
sForzando synth plays one sound at time.
But you can load many copies of the sForzando synth at once; each with their own sound.

What you need to know:
Each MIDI track goes to a Port. When you use a default MIDI synth all tracks go to it unless you change this setting.

So assign each track to it's own Port and use another copy of the synth (or even a different synth) on that Port. Problem solved. This is how you use lots of synths in RB.

The image below is of the Right-Click menu of any MIDI track .. it should help figure out how to assign a given synth to a track using the Port

Track-> Port -> synth (either softsynth or hardware)
In the image below I have 16 hardware ports available in my Delta before/above the 16 softsynth ports. The options are there, but you need to set them up for the desired result.
You will likely see your default synth in Port 32 (softsynth 16) on your system.
That's where all MIDI gets assigned when the 'Use Default Synth' box is checked .. but you can change it for each track.

Attached picture RBPorts.jpg
Posted By: cubalibre Re: RealBand change instrument sforzando - 12/05/17 01:55 PM
ok rharv good tutorial.

I'm curious. What is Delta?
Posted By: rharv Re: RealBand change instrument sforzando - 12/05/17 08:35 PM
M-Audio Delta 1010 interface.
https://www.ebay.com/p/M-Audio-Delta-1010-LT-sound-card-DELTA-1010-LT-DELTA-1010LT-US41077/77161194

Be advised, in the above listing the seller says it will work in a laptop; not true.
It needs a PCI slot which is getting harder to find lately, so the low prices will likely get lower.

I have a couple different systems using these cards and they just keep working .. through W7 and W8 so far.
Haven't tried them on 10.
© PG Music Forums