PG Music Home
Posted By: flashfolly This is as basic as can be.... - 12/07/17 07:10 AM
This should be so simple... what am I not doing?
I want to practice lead guitar to a simple 12-bar ballad, so in a new song I have Start at 1, End at 12 x 3 choruses. Repeat dots : show up in bar 12, and x3.
I enter my chords - C, F, G etc. Hit play, and 12 bars play o.k. - then "cursor" goes back to bar 1, but the music coming out just continues on the G ... like forever!
I've looked in the Manual for an answer and can't find it...
Posted By: AudioTrack Re: This is as basic as can be.... - 12/07/17 07:32 AM
Originally Posted By: flashfolly

I enter my chords - C, F, G etc. Hit play, and 12 bars play o.k. - then "cursor" goes back to bar 1, but the music coming out just continues on the G ... like forever!

Forever is a very long time ( grin ), but I guess you have a real problem. You don't have to wait forever to know that.

Presumably the track aren't frozen?

Presumably the repeat is set at bar 12:

Attached picture 2017-12-07_21-31-24.jpg
Posted By: flashfolly Re: This is as basic as can be.... - 12/07/17 09:30 AM
Nothing frozen, and my screen looks just like yours ... [img][/img]

Attached picture BiaB scrsh.png
Posted By: babarton Re: This is as basic as can be.... - 12/07/17 09:53 AM
Hmmm.... Just a thought - You're not using "Play" instead of "Generate and Play" are you? On BIAB for Mac I've sometimes had to actually generate twice to seemingly get changes to "stick".
Posted By: flashfolly Re: This is as basic as can be.... - 12/07/17 10:39 AM
Originally Posted By: babarton
Hmmm.... Just a thought - You're not using "Play" instead of "Generate and Play" are you? On BIAB for Mac I've sometimes had to actually generate twice to seemingly get changes to "stick".

You've got it! I didn't know you had to use "Generate and Play" if you made any changes ... I don't recall seeing that anywhere in instructions.

But it's done the trick - thank you very much BaBarton!
Posted By: AudioTrack Re: This is as basic as can be.... - 12/07/17 11:08 AM
Excellent, and thanks for posting that this resolved the issue. Most important to help others in the future.
Posted By: jford Re: This is as basic as can be.... - 12/07/17 01:13 PM
Normally, BIAB picks up that some changes have been made and then automatically generates the new arrangement, especially if changes have been made to the chord grid. But I have found that other changes don't always invoke the re-generation. So, then you need to explicitly regenerate the song using the other button.
Posted By: flashfolly Re: This is as basic as can be.... - 12/08/17 02:15 PM
Thanks John.
Posted By: babarton Re: This is as basic as can be.... - 12/09/17 12:09 PM
Originally Posted By: flashfolly
Originally Posted By: babarton

You've got it! I didn't know you had to use "Generate and Play" if you made any changes ... I don't recall seeing that anywhere in instructions.

But it's done the trick - thank you very much BaBarton!

You're very welcome! I always feel happy on those rare occasions when I can help someone else here, in a small payback for all the help I've received! grin

jford, this is one of the quirks I've seen in BIAB for Mac, after switching from the PC platform 5 or so years ago - that the expected regeneration doesn't always seem to occur. As I mentioned, I sometimes have to hit "Regenerate and Play" twice...
© PG Music Forums