PG Music Home
Hello. I need help please!
I have upgraded my Biab2013 Pro to Biab2018 Pro. (Win10)

I have just finished installing the upgrade version, and I have 4 new desk top icons on my laptop screen........

1) Band in a Box (I know this)
2) RealBand (I know this too)
3) Plogue sforzando (This is new to me)
4) Plogue sforzando x64

So I see 2 Plogue sforzando and when I open them, they look exactly the same.
I assume "Plogue sfozando" is for 32bit and "Plogue sforzando x64" is for 64bit.
My laptop has a 64bit CPU, so can I just delete (uninstall?) "Plogue sforzando"?

And if so, how I do that?
My knowledge on PC stuff is not great at all.

Regards,
Jazzutako
Originally Posted By: jazzutako
Hello. I need help please!
I have upgraded my Biab2013 Pro to Biab2018 Pro. (Win10)

I have just finished installing the upgrade version, and I have 4 new desk top icons on my laptop screen........

1) Band in a Box (I know this)
2) RealBand (I know this too)
3) Plogue sforzando (This is new to me)
4) Plogue sforzando x64

So I see 2 Plogue sforzando and when I open them, they look exactly the same.
I assume "Plogue sfozando" is for 32bit and "Plogue sforzando x64" is for 64bit.
My laptop has a 64bit CPU, so can I just delete (uninstall?) "Plogue sforzando"?

And if so, how I do that?
My knowledge on PC stuff is not great at all.

Regards,
Jazzutako

Well, those are the "standalone" versions of the VSTi. On your 64bit OS, you can use either one, that is , if you use them at all. More common that you are using the .dll plugin versions for BIAB or your DAW and never need to open the standalone version.

You can only use the 32bit .dll VSTI with BIAB unless you have bought and installed J-Bridge. But I bet your DAW would prefer the 64bit VSTi.

Confusing right? crazy My recommendation (what I do), just put those two icons in a Folder for Miscellaneous Music and forget about them.
Hi Utako,

As Dan said, BIAB requires the 32-bit plug-in.

So if you are only going to be using sforzando with BIAB, I wouldn't worry about the 64-bit VSTi.

To explain a bit more...

sforanzdo is what PG Music use for the HiQ (i.e. high quality) midi sounds that are associated with the midi Supertracks.

If I recall correctly, BIAB 2013 was the version that introduced midi Supertracks and, at that time, the HiQ sounds were obtained using Sampletank. Last year, sforzando replaced Sampletank. (I've personally found that sforzando is much quicker at loading than Sampletank.)

Regards,
Noel

Thank you for the reply, MusicStudent and Noel96.
And Happy New Year!

Can I double check with you please?
So I should keep Sforzando 32bit becuase Biab needs it.
In other words, if I don't have Sforzando, Biab does not work???

I don't think I'll ever open Sforzando app.
I have never used RealBand either......

All I do with Biab is that I make play-along songs so I can practice my piano, using realbass and realdrums.

I'm just worried there's not much space left in my laptop and I think it's better to get rid of stuff I'm not using......

Regards,
Jazzutako

BIAB does not REQUIRE you use
Sforzando.

Before we can advise you what to delete to recover space, we need to know what you want to use for your MIDI sounds. You could use Sforzando. You could use a variety of other choices, either hardware or software based.
jazzutako,

Plogue puts the 32 bit and 64 bit programs into one folder (x:/Program Files/Plogue) along with some accessory files. The complete folder occupies 262 MB of disk storage space.

I would not delete anything but leave everything in the folder. I would move (cur and paste) the desktop Plogue shortcuts from the desktop to the folder so if you ever change your mind you'll know where to find them.
Hopefully this will help clear up the confusion...

Sforzando is used by BIAB for high quality midi sounds when midi Supertracks are played. Midi Supertracks are a midi version of Realtracks. Like Realtracks, midi Supertracks are live performances of professional musicians.

If you don't have Sforzando installed, midi Supertracks will still play but they will use whatever general midi sound source is set as a VSTi on your computer (probably Coyote WT). BIAB will not 'break' if Sforzando is not present on your system.

Because Sforzando can be installed at any time just by running the BIAB installer again, I suggest that you go into Control Panel and remove Sforzando. Then use BIAB for a while and see if you are missing anything that is important. From what you've written above, I'll think you'll find the BIAB works fine without Sforzando for your needs.

Regards,
Noel

Thank you very much for your replies, Matt, Jim and Noel!!
I might just leave them there.........
"Don't ask for trouble" smile

Regards,
Hopeless Juzzutako
Sforzando itself doesn't take much space; it's ultimately the accumulation of many sfz sample files (which are the sounds you hear) that can ultimately take up space. BIAB ships with only a handful of sfz files, so you should be fine leaving it there. Sfz files aren't huge libraries, however, so you should be fine using the 32-bit version with BIAB, but if you also use a 64-bit DAW, you can use the 64-bit VSTi, which gives you lots of options. And you also get the standalone version (which you've discovered), so you can also do play along with whatever MIDI input device you have.
© PG Music Forums