PG Music Home
Posted By: sebz77 Instrument stop playing after 8 bar - 02/09/18 02:43 AM
Hi i'm new to biab and i have an issue with a style that i change a RT.

I choose the Style SWAYING.STY (Swaying 12-8 Country) and change the Guitar RT 526 and put the Guitar RT 993 instead in triple time time based. It play nicely for 8 bar. At the 9Th bar, the guitar play a chord and stop playing for the rest of the song.

I re-gen 100 hundred time, double check to be sure the track was not made mute in bar setting. I check all i can check from my knowledge of the software. If anyone have an idea of what to do.

I have another song with the same style, same instrument and the track work well all the song, but if i add some chord and re-gen it, the same issue occur ! The track play for some bar and after it stop and never come back !

Thanks if you have some tips !
Posted By: Jim Fogle Re: Instrument stop playing after 8 bar - 02/09/18 04:15 PM
Hi sebz77 and welcome to the forum!

You may receive more views and responses by posting your question in either the +++ Band-in-a-Box for Windows +++ or the +++ Band-in-a-Box for MacIntosh +++ forum sections.

It is also helpful to know what operating system your computer uses and your computer hardware. Many people put this information into their signature file so you don't have to repeat the information each time you have a question.

Also, if you have cloud storage (such as DropBox or Box) it may help if you post a link to the songfile so others can load the file and troubleshoot it.

How many bars is your song? Are you using the default (3) three choruses or did you change from the default?
Posted By: Noel96 Re: Instrument stop playing after 8 bar - 02/09/18 06:53 PM
Seb,

This could be due to a few possibilities and, as Jim says, it would help to know what version of BIAB you have and whether it's Mac or Windows.

In meantime, try these things...

ONE
If you have BIAB 2018 for Windows, go to the link below, download the latest build, close BIAB and manually install the update.

http://www.pgmusic.com/support_windowsupdates.htm

If you have Mac BIAB, then the latest build can be obtained from the below link.

http://www.pgmusic.com/support_macintoshupdates.htm

TWO
1. Right-click in the middle of a some bar on the chord sheet.

2. Select "Bar Settings".

3. Right down the bottom of the "Bar Settings" window on the left side, select "Reset ALL bars"

4. Exit back to the chord sheet.

5. Generate the song.

Regards,
Noel

Posted By: Don Gaynor Re: Instrument stop playing after 8 bar - 02/10/18 04:39 PM
Seb,

I had the same problem in earlier versions for Windows. But it would play correctly on subsequent attempts. I haven't seen it on current versions though.

Another thing to try...Return To Factory Settings covers a multitude of sins and it can't hurt anything.

Please let us know what cures it.

And a hardy Oklahoma "welcome" and "howdy" to the most friendly and knowledgeable bunch of people on this planet!

Some of we old phartz have been in this bunch for decades and still have questions. You will never be flamed for asking.
Posted By: sebz77 Re: Instrument stop playing after 8 bar - 02/11/18 02:23 AM
Thanks for answer. I use biab 2018 ultrapack + all xtra style. It's running in Windows 7 up to date.

I already try to reset all bar in bar settings it didnt work. I will try the other suggestions you gave me and cone back.

Thanks
Posted By: Noel96 Re: Instrument stop playing after 8 bar - 02/11/18 04:42 AM
Seb,

Also check that the track is unfrozen.

If it's frozen when it stops at bar 8, then it will always stop at bar 8.

Have a look at the image below. I've highlighted the symbol that indicates a frozen track. If this is on, click on it to turn it off and regenerate the song.

Attached picture freeze shortcut.JPG
Posted By: sebz77 Re: Instrument stop playing after 8 bar - 02/11/18 04:41 PM
Track are all unfrozen.
Posted By: sebz77 Re: Instrument stop playing after 8 bar - 02/12/18 02:19 AM
Here's the two files, it's the exact same song, the BAD one i only add a few bar and re-gen it and it dont work anymore. Guitar 993 now just play one bar. The other one, the GOOD the guitar 993 stay all the song.

BAD one:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/vbubflocpv2csda/Aline%20BAD.SGU?dl=0

GOOD one:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/1zrvevac4h66v5c/Aline%20GOOD.SGU?dl=0

Let me know if you have and idea !
Posted By: AudioTrack Re: Instrument stop playing after 8 bar - 02/12/18 03:47 AM
sebz77

I think the problem is related to using triple-time Track Time-base. It may actually be an operational issue with BiaB though, I'm not sure.

Try setting the TrackTime-base to Normal and see if that improves your situation.

I expect that there's more to this than I have stated here though.

Attached picture 2018-02-12_17-38-28.jpg
Attached picture 2018-02-12_17-38-54.jpg
Attached picture 2018-02-12_17-37-46.jpg
Attached picture 2018-02-12_17-45-10.jpg
Posted By: sebz77 Re: Instrument stop playing after 8 bar - 02/12/18 04:11 AM
Work when set to normal time but sound really not good with my song !
The question is why it work with one and not the other ? The only difference is 8 bar longer with the one is not working...nothing else is different ! Very weird !
Posted By: AudioTrack Re: Instrument stop playing after 8 bar - 02/12/18 05:48 AM
Yes, I agree with you. This is unexpected and confusing. That's why I suggested that there is probably more to this that we (I) currently know. I'll bring this to the attention of the developers, also.
Posted By: Matt Finley Re: Instrument stop playing after 8 bar - 02/12/18 09:50 AM
I’m not at a computer to test, but are there more measures in the song than 255 divided by 3?
Posted By: AudioTrack Re: Instrument stop playing after 8 bar - 02/12/18 10:03 AM
Originally Posted By: Matt Finley
I’m not at a computer to test, but are there more measures in the song than 255 divided by 3?

Good point. However the song is 1 x 64 bars, which would give a figure of 192.

The entire song plays. But the guitar track (#993) stops after 2 bars, including the (transcribed) notation.
Posted By: AudioTrack Re: Instrument stop playing after 8 bar - 02/12/18 10:13 AM
However, thinking further, the the triple time-base is counted separately, there would be 192 bars plus another 64 bars for the rest of the song would give a total of 256 bars.

Stop press: I just noticed there is a sax part that plays as [Double-Time] so maybe that theory doesn't really work.
Posted By: sebz77 Re: Instrument stop playing after 8 bar - 02/13/18 05:28 PM
Ahhh this problem begin to make me nuts lolll
Posted By: AudioTrack Re: Instrument stop playing after 8 bar - 02/13/18 07:49 PM
I have raised it with the developers. I don't know if/when there will be a response.
Posted By: sebz77 Re: Instrument stop playing after 8 bar - 02/14/18 04:05 AM
Thanks hope there will be a solution smile
© PG Music Forums