PG Music Home
Posted By: Lesley55 Lead sheet view --enclose staff ? - 02/17/18 01:47 PM
All the notes are in the treble clef, and only the treble clef is showing in the lead sheet view. But I have chords and two sets of lyrics (bar and note). The page looks a bit confusing. Is there a way to make the bass clef appear, so each staff is enclosed? Or to enclose just the treble clef and lyrics in a box? I want to records a video of the music playing, with the played noted highlighted. (I was pleased to see that the played note IS being highlighted in the lead sheet view--it wasn't when I first got BiaB in January)
[img]https://imgur.com/gallery/vDsJj[/img]
Posted By: Noel96 Re: Lead sheet view --enclose staff ? - 02/17/18 05:41 PM
Lesley,

Multiple tracks are selected by using a combination of holding down CTRL and right-clicking the mouse on the appropriate track.

This might do the job for you.

For the best music notation results, though, it's better to use a program that's dedicated to music notation. I always use MuseScore when I need more sophisticated notation. It's freeware and available at the below link.

https://musescore.org/en

Regards,
Noel

Attached picture selecting multiple tracks 2018.JPG
Posted By: Lesley55 Re: Lead sheet view --enclose staff ? - 02/17/18 06:05 PM
Thank you Noel. Is it possible to import a Band in a Box file into MuseScore?
Posted By: Noel96 Re: Lead sheet view --enclose staff ? - 02/17/18 06:18 PM
Originally Posted By: Lesley55
Thank you Noel. Is it possible to import a Band in a Box file into MuseScore?

Yes. It's possible to open MGU files in MuseScore. It reads melody and chords. The accuracy is not 100% and changes sometimes need to be made. Also, when I open an MGU file, MuseScore often tells me that the file is corrupt. I simply click on 'Ignore' and it loads ok.

If you want to read other tracks, it's necessary to save them as midi and open the midi file in Musescore. XML is another format that might work, too (I haven't played around with it for a while so I"m not sure how effective it is). BIAB can save in XML and MuseScore can read XML.

There are a number of video clips on Youtube on how to use MuseScore.

Regards,
Noel
Posted By: Lesley55 Re: Lead sheet view --enclose staff ? - 02/17/18 06:26 PM
Thank you , Noel. I'll give it a try.
© PG Music Forums