PG Music Home
Posted By: WendyM Can BB do a Click track? - 02/24/18 11:36 AM
Hello folks.Normally when you sing modern music, you can be in front, behind or on time with it and it all helps the Feel. BUT im doing a classical(ish) piece which requirs my singing notes to be spot on,right on the beat everytime or it sounds all to c--k with the BiaB Orchestra I've made. I m finding this very hard to do (my bad?!). Is there any way BB can create a constant 4/4 click track at 62 beats? I can bury it in my DAW and bin it when I've managed to sing it.
Lol
Wendy
Posted By: Matt Finley Re: Can BB do a Click track? - 02/24/18 01:50 PM
I do all audio recording in a DAW, where you can have a click track and different headphone mixes as needed for the performer(s). I don’t know how to do that in BIAB.
Posted By: Charlie Fogle Re: Can BB do a Click track? - 02/24/18 02:47 PM
You can set metronome (click) setting at Options\Preferences\Count in/Metro
Posted By: Matt Finley Re: Can BB do a Click track? - 02/24/18 03:06 PM
Charlie, does that get recorded onto the audio track?

That does bring up an idea: set the metronome to be visible but not audible.
Posted By: w Re: Can BB do a Click track? - 02/24/18 04:11 PM
WendyM,

Hope that i have not misunderstood your question/problem .

Use Style picker to find these click tracks .

Please refer to the screen shot for the click tracks available in the Mac version of 2017 The Band-in-a-Box .

Please excuse me if i did misunderstand and sent you down the wrong path .

Attached picture screenSHOT 2018-02-24 at 12.04.02 PM.png
Posted By: WendyM Re: Can BB do a Click track? - 02/24/18 05:22 PM
I knew Id come to the right place. :-) This is what I found-I CAN set a metronome up with or without humongous numbers appearing in the top right but no matter how I try, the Metronome accents beat1,the other 3 being there but quieter and it is not on a separate track so that I could dump it later.Great for practise though.Second thing was "W"s suggestion.I never though it might be a Style-LMAO-pretty boring style if you ask me-and so I have created an SGU of it and that wav can go in my DAW to be dumped later.However it only plays the 4 beats IF you have the 4 on a bar.Consider that in the intro bars I have F... for 2 beats and Fnaj7... for two beats etc for each bar of the 4 bar Intro. The metronome then only plays beats on 1 and 3 of the bars.Its fine once it get past that-until the next set of them.
I can work with all that though as the SGU is stand alone so I just changed those bars to conventional 4 in the bar timing and away we go. Many thank you's
Wendy
Posted By: Jim Fogle Re: Can BB do a Click track? - 02/24/18 06:28 PM
Wendy,

If you haven't yet you may want to look at the metronome / count-in options available at Options > Preferences > Count-in/Met.

Attached picture Clipboard01.jpg
Posted By: eddie1261 Re: Can BB do a Click track? - 02/24/18 10:18 PM
You could turn on the metronome to be on during playback and record, depending on your specific need. During record to make the tracks, during playback to time check your work.
Posted By: Charlie Fogle Re: Can BB do a Click track? - 02/27/18 09:58 PM
Originally Posted By: Matt Finley
Charlie, does that get recorded onto the audio track?

That does bring up an idea: set the metronome to be visible but not audible.

I use the click through the whole song with click, both audible and visible and in Record Only, it does not get recorded to the audio track.
© PG Music Forums