PG Music Home
Posted By: beat box boy Stylermaker from Midi file - 03/05/18 12:38 AM
Hello, I've seen the video from PGMusic many times on how to create a new style from the stylermaker using a midi file, however, I cannot understand how to get this to work. It seems that when I create a style, the drums are off for the (green subset B chorus) part and off for the (blue subset A verse) part. I am confused how to make this work on a midi track that has over 120 bars. Is there anyone out there that can help me pretty please with this?
Posted By: DeaconBlues09 Re: Stylermaker from Midi file - 03/05/18 12:02 PM
Hi Beat Box Boy, and welcome to the forums.

So this specific issue is something I have invested waaaay more time in than I had hoped to. I hate to say it but you have to really go through the index/help files (you can launch from the style wizard dialogue) and read it-until you understand it-and experiment with the whole snapshot bar, and bar offset settings. There are some INCREDIBLE things you can do once you get the hang of it, but you need to sit down and have some quality time with your manual to really get the benefits.

Sorry if that's not the answer you were looking for :-(
Posted By: John-Luke Re: Stylermaker from Midi file - 03/05/18 04:37 PM
Re. drums that are off, just make sure you don't take the drums data from the the channel#9, some MIDI files having drums on both channel #9 and #10. For the Stylemaker, you have to take the data from the channel #10.

Another thing to check : go in your MIDI file and look at the duration of the drums events. Some MIDI files have a duration = 0 tick for the drums. If so, the style won't work in BIAB.
Just change the duration from 0 to 1 tick does the trick.
© PG Music Forums