PG Music Home
Posted By: Phil Leith Missing RealTracks - 03/31/18 11:18 PM
So, a few times, I've picked a realtrack from the list, and it says it can't find it.

Since it says it's building the list from what you have after you install, and it did it again after I installed the mega pack, I assumed the RealTracks in the picker matches what I have.

I shook it off for now and went about getting familiar with the product.

And I'm thumbing through RealTracks in the mixer, because I want a simple bass.

I picked one, "Bass, Acoustic, Bowed HeldSimple Ev 085" .... and it played ... nothing.

So I went out to the folder it's supposed to be in. The folder is there, but all that's in the folder is a text file that's called "AlternateFolderNames.txt

On that topic, if you pick a realtrack in the mixer, one of the track options is to "Erase Track". I assume that means from your song and not from your hard drive.

Amirite?

Any ideas on the missing RealTracks?
Posted By: Noel96 Re: Missing RealTracks - 04/01/18 04:53 AM
Hi again, Phil.

Firstly, I don't know too much about the MegaPak. I suspect that the best people to help you with that version of BIAB are PG Music staff.

That's said, the below might assist.... it's worth trying.

Enter into Realtrack Picker as follows...

1. Rightclick on the Realtrack name in the Mixer.

2. Choose "Select Realtracks" -- this is the top option -- from the menu that pops up.

3. When in Realtrack Picker, deactivate the "Show Realtracks that are N/A" (#1 on the below image).

4. Click on "Show all" (#2).

Hopefully this will only let you see those Realtracks that you have and not all the available Realtracks (which will include those that you do not have).

There's a similar setting in Style Picker under the "Other" filter menu that will allow you to only see the styles that are present with the MegaPak.

For reference, the first BIAB package that contains all currently available Realtracks (not including BonusPaks) is the UltraPak.

Regards,
Noel

Attached picture show NA show all.JPG
Posted By: Phil Leith Re: Missing RealTracks - 04/01/18 12:29 PM
Looking closer, I noticed that a lot of them said "UltraPak" right there. So that probably explains it. I probably have it showing me all that should be available.

So I've sent a message to sales to see what they can do as far as upgrading.
Posted By: Noel96 Re: Missing RealTracks - 04/01/18 04:38 PM
Originally Posted By: Phil Leith
Looking closer, I noticed that a lot of them said "UltraPak" right there. So that probably explains it. I probably have it showing me all that should be available.

So I've sent a message to sales to see what they can do as far as upgrading.

Phil,

If you get the chance to upgrade, you won't be sorry.

In 2006, I started out with the MegaPak because I was unsure if BIAB would do what I wanted. Then, when the first sale came around, I upgraded to the UltraPak.

The first purchase of the UltraPak will be the most expensive. After that, the top-up that keeps the package up-to-date usually costs around US$100 yearly (that's what it has been for the last few years). PG Music has December sales for Windows and mid-year sales for Mac.

These days I use the Audiophile edition of the software. This is the UltraPak-equivalent but with uncompressed files.

The UltraPak is the most popularly used package on these forums.

Regards,
Noel
© PG Music Forums