PG Music Home
I want to repeat my chorus twice at the end of the song, with the repeat fading out. Problem: the repeat does not sound at all: The chords in the repeated region do not match here is the message I get. Lastly: how am I to set the fade out?
Hi Danycom,

It looks like you didn't check the "Generate (insert) new bars" checkbox when creating the repeat.

If you've only typed in the chords once, and need Band-in-a-Box to create new bars, copy the chords into those new bars, then hide the new repeated bars and replace them with a repeat sign, that box needs to be checked.

If you've entered the chords twice already so the song is playing how you want it to, and you just want to hide the repeated section and replace it with a repeat sign, then you don't check the box.

So if you delete that repeat now and re-enter it with that box checked, you should be OK.

Thanks
Kent
PG Music
Thanks Kent. How do I create a 4 bar fade out for my song? In the song settings I specified "Fadeout Ending #bars = 4" but it's giving me an 8bar ending!
Yvan
Hi,

I just entered a 4 in the "Fadeout ending # bars" box on a 32-bar song, and the song was basically silent by the end of bar 32. I definitely didn't get an unusually long ending. Are you saying that it faded out over 8 bars when you tried this? Was it audible 4 bars before the end bar and 4 bars after, 8 bars before the end bar, or 8 bars after?

Thanks
Kent
PG Music
Danycom,

If you send the song file as an email attachment to support@pgmusic.com, I'll be happy to check it out. smile

Cheers
Kent
PG Music
© PG Music Forums