PG Music Home
Posted By: cubalibre Stop problems - 06/18/18 06:26 AM
it is possible to stop all the instruments at this point?

sample

Attached picture stop.JPG
Posted By: AudioTrack Re: Stop problems - 06/18/18 09:14 AM
You should be able to introduce a 'stop' of the type you are seeking by entering two periods after the chord:
C..
This is known as a Shot. It won't stop the song, but it will stop the instruments playing for that chord until another chord is located.

A chord can be specified as a Held Chord by adding three periods after the chord.
C...
Posted By: AudioTrack Re: Stop problems - 06/18/18 09:19 AM
Because BiaB only allows 4 beat resolution, you could try entering the stop on the second beat (C,Dm.. )

Attached picture 2018-06-18_22-17-46.jpg
Posted By: cubalibre Re: Stop problems - 06/18/18 09:56 AM
hello Videotraack did you listen to my sample link? the stop must occur in the third division of the second triplet.

Attached picture stop2.JPG
Posted By: AudioTrack Re: Stop problems - 06/18/18 10:20 AM
Originally Posted By: cubalibre
hello Videotraack did you listen to my sample link? the stop must occur in the third division of the second triplet.

Yes, I listened and I read what you wanted, and that's why I wrote: "Because BiaB only allows 4 beat resolution..."

Good luck, but it's my belief that the current version of BiaB (and probably all future versions too) won't do what you want. Others more skilled than I might know more.

You could write your own MIDI?

Posted By: jford Re: Stop problems - 06/18/18 11:57 AM
I'm not at my music machine right now, but I guess the real question is whether you can do a shot on a pushed chord (seems that was asked before, but don't remember the answer).

Anyway, the thing to do is to put a caret (^) in front of the chord to push it an 8th note to the left and then put two dots on the chord to play a shot. So you would have:

Cm ^G7..

Of course, because as has been pointed out, BIAB only allows four slots for chords, you can't enter a new chord until beat four, so beat three would just be the fade of the shot. Hope that made sense. Give it a try and see if it works. And keep in mind that some Realtracks play pushes better than others.
Posted By: cubalibre Re: Stop problems - 06/18/18 12:50 PM
Jford,

I type chord settings....What should I enter? in beat 2? or beat 3?

Posted By: jford Re: Stop problems - 06/18/18 04:42 PM
The Cm should go on beat 1 (per your original chord sheet) and the G7 (assuming that's the correct chord for the shot) should be entered on beat 3 (first part of the 2nd cell) with the push and the two dots (i.e. ^G7..)

Not sure if it will work correctly, but that's the first thing I would try.
Posted By: AudioTrack Re: Stop problems - 06/19/18 12:13 PM
I wondered also about the Push, but the documentation shows 1/8th or 1/16th push options where the O/P wants a 1/12th. I don't know what happens with triplet timings. Yes, it's worth experimenting.
Posted By: jford Re: Stop problems - 06/19/18 01:08 PM
You could also do a 16th note push (two carets ^^), which based on listening to the sample that seemed to delay the shot just a little, might be a little closer to the desired result, but obviously won't exactly be on a tripletized boundary of the beat.
© PG Music Forums