PG Music Home
Posted By: ChuckTr Bass root note - 08/04/18 12:46 PM
How do I force a bass note in a measure to stay on the root note rather than playing the alternate?

Thanks for the help.
Posted By: MarioD Re: Bass root note - 08/04/18 02:07 PM
Have you tried using the / ? A C/G is a C chord with a G in the bass. A F/G is a F chord with a G in the bass. Any note can be in the bass when using the /.
Posted By: ChuckTr Re: Bass root note - 08/04/18 03:22 PM
Yes. An F/G works fine.

I'm in the 3rd beat of 4/4 song wanting to play the root of the F chord before going to the Bb chord in the next measure. Instead of playing the F in the 3rd beat, BIAB is playing a C.

I can't force it to play a F/F because BIAB converts that to an F.

Any thoughts?
Posted By: Noel96 Re: Bass root note - 08/04/18 07:39 PM
Try entering the F chord on beat 3. This sometimes works. (This means that there will be F chord on both beat 1 and beat 3.)
Posted By: BlueAttitude Re: Bass root note - 08/05/18 08:49 AM
I've run across the same thing here and in my opinion it's a bug.

If you enter an F/F BIAB *should* play an "F" on the bass. It works for any other "/" chord, so why not when the bass note is the same as the chord?

I guess a quick and dirty workaround would be to use a "/" chord other than "F" in the spot where you want the "F" bass note, G/F for example.
Generate the track, freeze the bass track, and then put the F chord back to generate the rest of the song. Never tried it, but should work?
Posted By: Notes Norton Re: Bass root note - 08/05/18 09:06 AM
It's also dependent on the style. Some styles are more cooperative in certain situations than others.

Have you tried right clicking - choosing "Chord Settings [Alt+F5]" and when the dialog box opens use the Pedal Bass command?

Again, it's style dependent, but sometimes works.

Insights and incites by Notes
Posted By: Matt Finley Re: Bass root note - 08/05/18 10:04 AM
Has anyone tried a pedal bass yet? It might require more than one measure though, if I recall correctly.
Posted By: Pipeline Re: Bass root note - 11/01/18 02:58 AM
RealTrack don't always get it right :
RealChart Midi Edit Changes RealTrack Audio
© PG Music Forums