PG Music Home
Posted By: Marty Sorensen What are the midi-in orb things? - 09/10/18 07:59 PM
My casio keyboard is listed in there among the orbs in SampleTank3. At least I know what the casio is, but not the orbs. they are there in Sfzorando, too, but not in the same order.

Thanks,
Marty
Posted By: Kent - PG Music Re: What are the midi-in orb things? - 09/10/18 10:00 PM
Hi Marty,

I don't have SampleTank 3 here, but I do have Sforzando. Where would I go in Sforzando to see these orbs?

Thanks
Kent
PG Music
Posted By: Marty Sorensen Re: What are the midi-in orb things? - 09/10/18 10:08 PM
Kent, at the top are File Tools, click on Tools, then Preferences, and at the top of the box is input MIDI devices. that's on Standalone sforzando. But when I went looking for sfz as a Biab plugin, I did find: you can see the orb listing in BiaB itself, I just saw, if you go to Options, Preferences, and the MIDI drivers, that same list shows up. Well, reading that in Biab, it says these things are from Windows. So I went to Windows, Device Manager, Sound Video and Game Controllers, and found them listed there as BomeMIDI: orb 0 (1), and there they all are, not in order, and looking up properties and stuff it's a virtual midi port. I don't feel any better, but at least I traced them as far as I could! Now it's not really a Biab issue, so I may ask for more in the off-topic forum.
Thanks,
Marty
Posted By: Kent - PG Music Re: What are the midi-in orb things? - 09/10/18 10:59 PM
Hi Marty,

In Sforzando, that's just where you'd tell it which device you want to the program to receive MIDI notes from. I'm thinking it'll be the same thing in SampleTank, you just need to select your keyboard and click OK.

Cheers
Kent
PG Music
© PG Music Forums