PG Music Home
Do you have to change the style? Can you even do that?
Lesley,

I just tested this out.

What I did was load a 3/4 style, then at the bar I wanted 2/4 to begin, I opened bar settings (F5) and set the "Beats this bar" to 2. I then then used bar settings again to set the "Beats this bar" to 3 for the bar that I wanted 3/4 to return.

It worked for me without changing the style.

Regards,
Noel

OK, thanks!
I just purchased BIAB 2019 and this is not working for me. I have a song in 4/4 and need to change one bar to 2/4 and then back again. I used bar settings to change number of beats to 2 for the one bar and then the next bar is set to 4 beats. I am using the Northern Rock Swing 8ths style. When I play the song the cursor advances after 2 beats at the 2/4 bar, but the audio still plays 4 beats. What am I doing wrong?
Drolander, welcome to the forum.

Is your song frozen? If so, unfreeze first then regenerate the song. BIAB should have regenerated automatically but if it didn’t, use the Play/Regerate button rather than Play.

Do you have an audio track playing? If there is a BIAB song file and an audio file (WAV or MP3) of the same name in the same folder, they both play.

If these don’t work, please tell us whether you are running BIAB 2019 as 32-bit or 64.
Hi Matt. Thanks for replying.

The song is not frozen and there is no other audio playing. I have done some more testing and found that a) it seems to be related to the style used. If I change styles it plays correctly (at least the first time through), but when I go back to the original style it never works right (are there only certain styles that support time signature changes?), and b) with a different style if the section repeats, the time sig change plays correctly the first time through but not the second time through (it reverts to 4 beats per measure throughout). I have tried this with both the 32 bit and 64 bit versions.

Dan
Is there any chance that you rendered the song to a WAV or MP3 file etc?

If so, and that audio song file is in the same folder as your BiaB .SGU file, it will load and play also.

If your BiaB song is named "MySong.SGU", check the same folder for anything else named "MySong.*" (e.g. MySong.mp3, MySong.WMA, MySong.Wav). If so, remove it, regenerate and see if that resolves.
Dan, you asked if there are only some styles that support time signature changes. To my knowledge, no. All should act the same.

Videotrack, check the two posts before yours where Dan said there is no audio. Dan, are you sure? It wouldn’t hurt to doublecheck. Videotrack told you exactly what to look for in more detail.
There is no audio file. It is a new install and this was my first song. There is nothing else in the song directory besides the SGU file. Also, if it helps, this is a Windows install on Windows 10 with all of the latest Microsoft updates.

This is easily reproducible for me. For now I am using a different style and avoiding repeats. It's kind of a bummer but I have a workaround.
Dan,

I just tried that style with a quick 8 bar song with three choruses with 2/4 on bar 5 and 4/4 again on bar 6, and it plays the 2 beat bar OK.

With the correct bar highlighted, I pressed function key F5 to make the changes. This is how I set the 2 beat and return to 4 beat settings:

Could you see if that gives you the correct 2 beat results?
Trev

Attached picture 2018-12-14_10-09-06.jpg
Attached picture 2018-12-14_10-10-02.jpg
I have found that this style has two guitar tracks set to [Half-Time] and they are the ones that don't play well with 2/4. If I disable those tracks everything sounds fine.

[Edit] Also found that I can have the guitar tracks enabled if I uncheck the Song Setting "Allow RealTracks Half-Time/Double-Time". That seems to be the fix.
Thanks for the added information.
© PG Music Forums