PG Music Home
Posted By: Tangmo Real Band Regeneration - 10/06/18 05:51 AM
From all my reading here I've come to understand that it is possible to "regenerate" only certain bars and/or instruments in RB. Is that correct? Is the how-to part of the PDF manual, or are there easier ways to see/read how this works?

I'm working on a country piece in a minor key with a few jazz/blues chords that are putting some suspense in this thang. It has a lead guitar as part of the style. I'm quite happy with most of what it's playing, but there are some bars of just that solo I'd like to massage. Will I be able to?
Posted By: DeaconBlues09 Re: Real Band Regeneration - 10/06/18 06:15 AM
Originally Posted By: Tangmo
From all my reading here I've come to understand that it is possible to "regenerate" only certain bars and/or instruments in RB. Is that correct? Is the how-to part of the PDF manual, or are there easier ways to see/read how this works?

I'm working on a country piece in a minor key with a few jazz/blues chords that are putting some suspense in this thang. It has a lead guitar as part of the style. I'm quite happy with most of what it's playing, but there are some bars of just that solo I'd like to massage. Will I be able to?

The Multi-Riff option should be your go-to for this. You can even check off any number of the 7 options you can demo and have them split onto individual tracks!

Editing to add link: http://www.pgmusic.com/manuals/rb2018full/chapter8.htm#generating-realtracks

Check the linked section and a few of those following for everything you need to know.

Also note that you do not need to use the multi riff function to regenerate parts of a track, it's just an awesome way to do it which gives you much more options and flexibility.

Posted By: Noel96 Re: Real Band Regeneration - 10/06/18 09:35 AM
From all my reading here I've come to understand that it is possible to "regenerate" only certain bars and/or instruments in RB. Is that correct?

Yes, that's correct.

If you go to the link below...

http://www.pgmusic.com/videos.realband.htm

... under the "Intermediate" section, you'll find a short clip called "Generating sections of Realtracks". That will show you how it's done.

Regards,
Noel

Posted By: Tangmo Re: Real Band Regeneration - 10/06/18 04:24 PM
*Jaw drops to floor* I had no idea. Dang.

Thanks for the links and answers, gentlemen. Thanks PGMusic such for an awesome program!
Posted By: Jim Fogle Re: Real Band Regeneration - 10/06/18 09:23 PM
*Jaw drops to floor* I had no idea. Dang. Thanks for the links and answers, gentlemen. Thanks PGMusic such for an awesome program!

That's what happens when PG Music adds a taste of Band-in-a-Box functionality to their in-house daw, PowerTracks Pro. Neat, huh?
Posted By: AudioTrack Re: Real Band Regeneration - 10/06/18 11:50 PM
I think the O/P is talking about RealBand?
Posted By: rharv Re: Real Band Regeneration - 10/07/18 11:54 AM
Yes he is
Jim simply pointed out that PT + BiaB = RB

I have said it many times; once you realize the power of RB, BiaB becomes the 'starter' tool .. then RB, then whatever 'DAW of the day'.

RB is not marketed well IMO
It combines DAW functionality with BiaB generating, and many people don't even realize they already own it.
Posted By: AudioTrack Re: Real Band Regeneration - 10/07/18 01:36 PM
Excellent. Thanks for the clarification.

I do agree that RealBand is not well enough exposed, and also I note many users are a little overly concerned when it comes to exploring RealBand.

Quite a few just stick to BiaB and then use their own DAW, but they miss the interim power that RealBand could be providing.
© PG Music Forums