PG Music Home
Posted By: Wammer Changing styles as part of the arrangement - 10/21/18 10:17 AM
Hi all,
I’m pretty new at all this, but I seem to recall seeing that there’s a way to switch to another style during the song. I’m looking for a way to add interest and energy to the arrangement, and in browsing through all my Real Tracks I can see complimentary tracks that would sound great if I could integrate them. I’ve been looking through the manual and searching YouTube for the secret (if there is one) but so far...zip.
Any help appreciated.
Cheers,
Wammer
Put the cursor on whatever bar you want to make the change.

Press F5 to open the F5 settings window. From the screenshot below you can see:

1. The button to change styles. 3. The button to clear the existing style.

2. The buttons to select a RealTracks or RealDrums.

Attached picture Clipboard01.jpg
<<< Press F% to open the F5 settings window. >>>

F% is meant to be F5

Jim held down the Shift Key too long.....
Posted By: Dave Re: Changing styles as part of the arrangement - 10/21/18 05:00 PM
Just don't confuse styles with tracks / instruments

You can change instruments within a given style such as a guitar to banjo, or change styles say from a rumba to a bossa.

Both will work
Wow, this is all rocket science at the bottom of a steep learning curve smile
I’m a Mac user. Can anyone point me to the part of the Mac manual that covers all this? I’m trying to get my head around what is possible and what isn’t. I’ve never had anything to do with Windows, having been a Mac user since the very first Apple 2e, so I get a bit confused if Windows stuff is included in the explanation.
Thanks,
Wammer
Wammer,

On my MacBook Air, I press the "fn" key plus "F5" at the same time to bring up the bar settings menu in BIAB for Mac. There you can change the style, the tempo, many other things. Check it out, search the manual for "bar settings menu".

Bruce
On page 154 of the 2018 Mac Manual there's information on Bar Settings.

One of the things that I like most about the pdf manuals that PG Music provide is that they are very easily searched by the computer to find specific text. It usually makes tracking down information much easier than working through and index.

Regards,
Noel

Posted By: w Re: Changing styles as part of the arrangement - 10/23/18 06:56 PM
Mister Wammer,

perhaps these Mac video's may help with your current question and other future questions http://www.pgmusic.com/videos.bbmac.htm

i've uploaded my Mac Band's song composition " style changes " to sound cloud
© PG Music Forums