PG Music Home
Hi folks.
Not sure if it is possible.. to get rid of / minimize this magic BIAB VST cake topper that takes about 1/4 size of my screen. Never seen this size of a "topper" in any other software I used. I can not make resolution larger as it is about maxed. As it is, it is very frustrating using Kontakt / it does not fully fit on the screen.
Please let me know.
Thank you.

photo:
Hi Rustyspoon,

The top of that window can't be removed or collapsed, but I'll be happy to pass along a feature request.

Thanks
Kent
PG Music
Kent, thank you for your reply.
sad...

As you can probably see, it is not a "feature", but a mistake (bug) correction request.

I have not tried SampleTank in BIAB yet, but I am guessing it is going to be same story. If you need, I will try it and send you picture.

P.S. Also with your request, kindly pass my concern that making this "topper" fit "certain" screen resolutions will not cure the problem. It needs to be able to be minimized to be equally +/- universal on different setups.

Thank you!
Rusty,

Just in case this might have slipped you by, to get more of Kontakt on the main screen, there's a vertical scrollbar on the right that can be dragged down.

From the look of things, if you drag this down then Kontakt seems like it will be able to be fully seen.

Regards,
Noel

REAPER is good that way you just click it and it's out of the box.
You can resize and scroll it, they should add a button to do this automatically.

Or just use IL MiniHost then the vsti is not framed and it can be chained:
http://www.pgmusic.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=394808#Post394808

Attached File
BB-VST-Window-Resize.png  (459 downloads)
Attached picture BB-IL-MiniHost.png
Noel, thank you. I know about scrolling opportunity, but it is a nuisance. There is a good reason why all other software that I know that deal with VST have this the neat way and do not have kettle bell hanging on top smile
I am sure you would prefer having this topper collapsible or with method pipeline explained in request section to make navigation easier. If you do, kindly vote. Thank you.

Pipeline, Thanks! Interesting approach. I am heading to "request" section to vote on your thread.

Best regards,
Mike.
I've been asking for this almost every year since the first time VST/DX effects were available in BIAB/PTPA/RealBand. Maybe this time we'll get it fixed, with the input from Kent.

Fingers crossed.
John,
pipeline started a thread in BIAB wish list about this, with detailed info on how to. Also, VideoTrack contributed by making visual presentation on how this might work with sliding menu. Please vote.

More on this topic... Can anybody please explain the idea behind this "Topper"? It seems that VST items are present and recalled from "plugin" tab at the mixer...Maybe this whole topper is not needed at all, to be attached to VST window, but would work as a separate menu button on the actual mixer track "plugin" tab? Meaning, it stays in limbo unless you recall it.

regards,
Misha.
This is one of those "legacy" things that keeps hanging on from before VST's were supported in Biab. It's been requested many times for about 10 years now.

I think the reason it's not a priority is very few users use VST's because they're not GM. Biab is a midi based program using GM. The vast majority of users don't want to mess with manually setting up the instruments for each song. A GM synth does it automatically. If a user also uses a DAW with Biab (most users don't) that user will set up their VST's with their DAW not with Biab. They create the song structure in Biab using a GM synth then export it out to a DAW where all the VST's reside.

It happens on these forums all the time, a new user has questions, those questions center around DAW functions so the answer is they're better off doing whatever it is in Real Band, not Biab because RB is a DAW. They don't get it, never heard of RB and insist on using Biab anyway for everything. Ok fine but then you're dealing with stuff like this which is one reason RB was created in the first place.

Just use the scrollbar.

Bob
Bob, thanks for explanation about "legacy" thing.
I am using DAW... but it has little to do with this request.
I like to audition tracks with good sound before exporting to DAW...
This is a simple fix. Hope enough people support this so PG can make this cleaner in BIAB.

Thanks.
Originally Posted By: jazzmammal
This is one of those "legacy" things that keeps hanging on from before VST's were supported in Biab. It's been requested many times for about 10 years now.

That and a lot of other "legacy" things

I think the reason it's not a priority is very few users use VST's because they're not GM. Biab is a midi based program using GM. The vast majority of users don't want to mess with manually setting up the instruments for each song. A GM synth does it automatically. If a user also uses a DAW with Biab (most users don't) that user will set up their VST's with their DAW not with Biab. They create the song structure in Biab using a GM synth then export it out to a DAW where all the VST's reside.

Bob, I will respectfully disagree. I think that a lot of users are using a DAW and a lot of users are also manually setting up instruments and using VSTis. With the advent of SFZ and Super MIDI tracks even PGM notices this.

It happens on these forums all the time, a new user has questions, those questions center around DAW functions so the answer is they're better off doing whatever it is in Real Band, not Biab because RB is a DAW. They don't get it, never heard of RB and insist on using Biab anyway for everything. Ok fine but then you're dealing with stuff like this which is one reason RB was created in the first place.

Just use the scrollbar.

Bob

I totally agree. Some users insist on using BiaB as a DAW. It is NOT a DAW and hopefully it never will be a DAW. As you said if you are a PC user you have RB. If you are a Mac user you have Garage Band. Plus there are plenty of pro DAWs one can purchase.

BiaB in an accompany backing track generator, period.
Hi
I really can’t see why anyone wants to get rid of it.
Personally I find it useful, especially when different vst synths are on multiple mixer tracks, and may have been used for style tracks if it’s a midi style as well as melody and soloist.
Just clicking on the left hand column track/inst names brings up the gui for the synth in use on that track for adjustment
And is a quick way of seeing what synth is on what track including the default synth to remind you of that.
SO PLEASE DO NOT GET RID!
Sorry for shouting,
Mike

Attached picture toper copy.jpg
Hi Mike.

Please head to BIAB wishlist thread and see what VideoTrack proposed. His idea is elegant in all respects.

http://www.pgmusic.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=498914#Post498914

Scroll down 5 top posts.
Originally Posted By: Rustyspoon#
This is a simple fix.

How do you know? I've maintained for years if stuff like this were simple it would have been done already. It just makes sense, they're not stupid.

Bob
This is a simple fix.

How do you know? I've maintained for years if stuff like this were simple it would have been done already. It just makes sense, they're not stupid.

Bob

Bob is absolutely right. Only the programmers know if it is an easy fix or not. Like Bob said if it was an easy fix it would be done by now.
Bob, Mario...
I have worked with programmers to rewrite things (and graphics) on about half a dozen of websites. Not the "template" ones, but all custom, including the logic blocks. About half of my buddies are in computer science. I think I have basic understanding on what it takes to redo this header the right way. For a good coder, this stuff is peanuts, a "pocket change". Programmers that work for PG did not do it probably because their superior(s) did not ask them to do extra curriculum work.

I think the this idea was explained and visually presented very well in request section. Of course it is all up to the oracle to make this happen or not, but for us, users, it boils down to either to support this good idea or not.
This is a example of MiniHost in the main vst window but the vst/i/s run outside:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/fwq47nelyuo7vjd/Biab-MiniHost.mp4?dl=0

MiniHost 32/64bit

Attached File
BB-MiniHost.png  (388 downloads)
This is a simple fix.

Bob

How easy were VideoReal/Tracks/Drums to implement ????
Tell me when to stop:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/eztdvvqxww43egf/BB-VST-Window.mp4?dl=0

Attached picture BB-Delphi-Plugin.png
No need to get rid of anything. Just use the workspace more effectively.
Like this
These coordinates were changed, so it shows that it can be done as VideoTrack suggested:

Originally Posted By: VideoTrack
They could easily do this:

Attached picture BB-VST-Windows-Changed-Coordinates.png
The window would only resize from the right so I moved it to the right.
No one can say that this is not easy !

https://www.dropbox.com/s/z258ylbwmps3imd/Biab-VST-Resize.mp4?dl=0

Ok, so can we go to bed now ?
Oh that's right I gotta add the solo button now......

Attached File
BB-VST-Window-Resize.gif  (290 downloads)
pipeline, very pretty smile

Pipeline for programming consultant for PG Music!
VideoTrack as consultant of design and integration!
(I am not joking BTW)

Guys, you are super good. Thank you for being here.
Make a backup of bbw.exe, open bbw.exe with Resource Hacker https://www.softpedia.com/get/Programming/File-Editors/Resource-Hacker.shtml
https://www.softpedia.com/get/PORTABLE-SOFTWARE/Programming/Portable-Resource-Hacker.shtml
under RCDATA > TDXPLUGINHOSTBBWFORM > * 0 < right click >
Save [RCData: TDXPLUGINHOSTBBWFORM... to TDXPLUGINHOSTBBWFORM.dfm
Open TDXPLUGINHOSTBBWFORM.dfm with
https://www.softpedia.com/get/Programming/Components-Libraries/Delphi-Form-Editor.shtml
https://www.mitec.cz/dfm.html
Edit/Preview
Save
TDXPLUGINHOSTBBWFORM.dfm

Resource Hacker under RCDATA > TDXPLUGINHOSTBBWFORM > * 0 < right click > Replace Resource with TDXPLUGINHOSTBBWFORM.dfm > Compile > Save

Attached picture Biab-DFMEditor.png
Mr.Gannon or crew in charge of the fixes/updates. You got smart and skilled people on this forum who share their ideas & very particular knowledge. Please do not take this for granted. I feel it is a gift to you. It is my honest opinion. Kindly fix things that had been worked out.

Thank you.

pipeline + VideoTrack kudos to you!
© PG Music Forums