PG Music Home
Posted By: fourstringz Sound Cloud - 11/01/18 10:20 PM
Sound Cloud seems to be popular with BIAB users. What are some advantages & reasons for choosing Sound Cloud?

Is upgrading to the paid version worthwhile?

~ Joel
Posted By: Noel96 Re: Sound Cloud - 11/02/18 02:41 AM
Hi Joel,

I simply started with Soundcloud and stayed with it. I haven't really looked around at other sites too much. A number of users on here, though, have multiple sites. It will be interesting to see what their responses are to you question.

If you haven't tried Soundcloud, I suggest that you begin with the free version. Then, if you like it, you can upgrade to a paid version. I pay mainly because I want the ability to post updated versions of my songs over the top of the previous version.

Regards,
Noel

Posted By: BlueAttitude Re: Sound Cloud - 11/02/18 09:25 AM
I upload to both reverbnation and soundcloud. I prefer reverbnation because I get more listens there plus I like their media player which I have embedded on my main website.

In addition to allowing you to update an existing mix, the paid "Pro" account on soundcloud allows you to upload more songs (6 hours instead of 3 hours) and more detailed statistics so you can see who is listening to your tracks, what country they are from, etc.

But there is no reason to stick with just one platform, you can create free accounts on both and that's definitely the best way to get started as Noel recommended.

Also, if you want to get featured on pgmusic radio you must have a soundcloud account, although they haven't included any of my songs there for a very long time. I guess no one at PGMusic likes blues music frown
Posted By: Samuel Davis Re: Sound Cloud - 11/04/18 02:27 PM
I use SoundCloud primarily for my songwriting demos. Anything that is a finished product usually gets distributed to all the major music sites like iTunes, Spotify etc. so I can collect royalties on streams. I don't usually share my SoundCloud with the general public. I only use it to share songs in forums like this one or other songwriting groups that I belong to.

I have also used Musicoin in the past but some people have had problems playing the songs from there.

Most recently I have started utilizing YouTube to post my EDM style music. This is primarily because of a new fun video maker I bought. I may start doing this with some of my regular music as well and try to create a following on thier site.
© PG Music Forums