PG Music Home
Posted By: Mike02392 Re-generate drum track? - 11/04/18 08:06 PM
Sorry if this is an incredibly basic question, but how do I regenerate a drum track? Every other track has this option listed under "track actions", but I can't see it for drums?

I could freeze all other tracks and regenerate the whole thing (which would then just be drums) but am I missing something?

Thanks!
Posted By: Matt Finley Re: Re-generate drum track? - 11/04/18 08:28 PM
Yes, do that. It’s not unusual, when you want the rest of the band to obey pushes etc. but not the drums.

For us to check this, could you tell us if this is BIAB for Windows or Mac, and which version?
Posted By: Mike02392 Re: Re-generate drum track? - 11/05/18 05:19 PM
Hi Matt, thanks for replying.

I'm using the Windows version and it's the latest one (Version 2018 (520)).
Posted By: Noel96 Re: Re-generate drum track? - 11/05/18 05:37 PM
Hi Mike,

I have the same version. The option to regenerate drums is not present like with Realtracks.

The only ways that I can think of doing it are...

1. As you mention, freeze all instruments except the drums and regenerate.

2. Open the SGU/MGU in Realband. This program allows for regeneration of individual tracks and even parts of tracks.

It would also be possible to use Realband to create a drum track exactly as you want, export as audio and then use that audio in BIAB as a performance track.

Regards,
Noel

Posted By: Mike02392 Re: Re-generate drum track? - 11/05/18 06:25 PM
Thanks guys smile I'm still getting to grips with BIAB - I did open RealBand once, but one step at a time, I think! Looking forward to seeing what RB can do though once I've got a handle on BIAB!
© PG Music Forums