PG Music Home
Posted By: Wammer Custom outro - 11/30/18 09:44 AM
Hi all,
So far (as a newbie) I’ve figured out how to create an intro I’m happy with, but the outro has me tossed. I’ve found the generate ending function, but it’s basically just a bar long. How do I go about creating an ending that’s say, four bars, or maybe longer with a fade?
Geoff
Posted By: Matt Finley Re: Custom outro - 11/30/18 09:51 AM
Hi. Assuming you have a fairly recent version of BIAB, there is a checkbox for 4-Bar ending. This is basically a 2-bar ending with a fade for 2 more.

Or, you can do your own ending by a stop (two periods after the final chord name) or hold (three periods). If you do a hold, make sure the end of the song is several measures after.
Posted By: AudioTrack Re: Custom outro - 12/01/18 01:03 AM
This may assist. Song Settings (Control-N):

Attached picture 2018-12-01_15-02-02.jpg
Posted By: Wammer Re: Custom outro - 12/01/18 06:49 AM
Thank you so much for the screenshot. I forgot to mention that I’m a Mac user, and Control N looks like a Mac command, but it doesn’t produce a window like your screenshot. It did, however display the chord sequence of the song, in a gigantic font, with no obvious control buttons. But when I played the song through, it did extend the outro to two bars quite tastefully, so it’s all ok.
Not knowing whether your screenshot came from Mac or Windows has me puzzled though. I’ve scoured the manual and the interface, but I can’t locate that window in your screenshot. Is it lurking somewhere and I’ve just missed it? I’d really like to locate it, as it looks useful.
Thanks again for your help.
Geoff
Posted By: AudioTrack Re: Custom outro - 12/01/18 09:36 AM
Do you have this button on your Mac?

Attached picture 2018-12-01_23-34-53.jpg
Posted By: Wammer Re: Custom outro - 12/01/18 07:35 PM
Bingo!
The little flower icon is in the same spot as your pic, but without the Song Settings caption. Wow! Hiding in plain sight.
Without your screenshot I never would have found it.
And it opens the song settings window as per your pic.
Thank you very much.
Cheers,
Geoff
Posted By: AudioTrack Re: Custom outro - 12/02/18 04:31 AM
Excellent Geoff. Glad you found it, and thanks for letting us know, as this can help other Mac users also.
© PG Music Forums