PG Music Home
Hi folks.
Can somebody comment on couple of things
for me please.
Audiophile and downloadable compressed files that come with it...I assume, they share same folder structure?
My idea is to use compressed version on laptop, to do the arrangement without hard drive dangling from it, as move laptop a lot. And when it is ready, switch to external hard drive folders to export wavs (or new VST) in audiophile quality.
And the second question is this: If I have tracks that are "frozen" switching from compressed to audiophile will not work, right? It will remain "frozen" in the quality version it was created, right?

I thank you in advance,
Misha.
Misha,

Your work plan sounds like how I use the Audiophile drive. Build the song using the wma files. Then, when it comes to transferring the song to a DAW, I freeze tracks, re-direct BIAB to the Realtracks and Realdrums on the USB drive and then generate the WAV files.

Regards,
Noel
Noel, thank you for responding!

So just to be clear. If I "freeze" tracks in wma version, switch to audiophile (hard drive) folders and export, result would be audiophile Wavs?

For some reason I thought what "freezing" does, is actually saves whole track as audio file somewhere... and when it comes to rendering...it just renders that file, not going to original (or newly pointed) source folders.

Misha.
The folder structure for the audiophile version is the same as the regular version, except that in each folder, everywhere there is a .WMA file, there is also a matching .WAV file.

See my sticky post in Tips and Tricks for more detail.
My understanding of 'Freezing' tracks is that the sequences or phrases that made up the song are then stored in a record structure.

When the song is then played, BiaB now knows exactly which phrases to choose, and starts reassembling the audio using those pre-defined references. It selects either WAV or WMA sounds from the libraries, and plays the song.

Be aware that the song starts playing once adequate 'assembly' has taken place. Further song assembly takes place in the background. This allows the song to start playing sooner.
Same if you have a frozen track that's perfect but the guitar has a bit too much distortion if you swap the realtrack folder temporarily with a Direct Input folder then open the frozen song it will load the DI version that will play exactly the same as the FX version, but allowing you now to add any FX you like.
Got it.

Thank you everybody for answering this.
should work as planned wink

pipeline, you always find interesting ways. It is a gift.

One more question please on this topic.
In the scenario of using both sets, I assume each time when update comes out, I have to do it twice? One for internal compressed set and one for audiophile? From what I understand, these updates often include fixes to tracks?

Misha.
No. When you have the audiophile version, and RealTracks need to be updated, PG Music makes a separate update available just for the audiophile version. This one update does everything needed. Note that it is often made available a few days after an update to the ‘regular’ version.

But that’s for a standard installation. If you have RealTracks of different types in two different places, then yes, you will have to run every update twice.
Matt, thank you.
Sorry to bother you, can you just clarify this:
I assume the standard update is available as a general download...
How is audiophile update delivered?

Misha.
Sure, here's what I know.

When there is an update, it is announced in the forum. [It usually does not show up from within the program because that is set to wait for a release that isn't considered a beta.] It is also posted in the Support - Updates area.

Within the announcement post, one of three things may happen:

1) Sometimes it will say that no RealTracks are affected by that update, so audiophile users can go ahead and download it and install it.

2) Sometimes it will be announced that there will be a separate update for audiophile users posted in a day or two. You should just check back occasionally. This is a regular download since the affected RealTracks are usually small.

3) Sometimes there isn't a mention of audiophile at all and it is added later. I always install each of the updates anyway, the first and any later, for it often patches something about the program that makes it better. And it never does harm to run an update twice.

Finally, at some point, there will be an update just to RealTracks and it will contain all cumulative patches anyway. This has always been small enough to be downloaded as well, even the audiophile RealTracks, though it can get fairly large and it's helpful to have a good download speed.

Does that answer your question?
Matt,
Thank you! This is exactly what I was looking for.

Best regards,
Misha.
I just checked and 3 audiophile patches released last year were 1.3Gb, 1.8Gb & 1.4Gb in size, so patch by downloads is quite achievable.
VideoTrack,
Thank you!
Very doable. Thankfully, days of 28k baud modems are gone smile
Originally Posted By: Rustyspoon#
VideoTrack,
Thank you!
Very doable. Thankfully, days of 28k baud modems are gone smile

Not to mention 300 baud acoustic-coupled modems. With one of those, next year's release would be available before the download completed cry .

Attached picture 2018-12-09_21-28-57.jpg
_ ... .. ._ _...

(BIAB, Morse)
_-`~_ __ _-~_ `~_

Smoke signals smile
There are also whistling languages, but I am not sure how to express them in writing form...
maybe like this:

---->0))) ------>!)) ----->--)--)
© PG Music Forums