PG Music Home
Posted By: chuckster55 Real Tracks versus Xtra Styles - 12/07/18 03:44 PM
Hello all,
I am a newbie that got BIAB 2018 for Mac back in October. I am using it to create backing tracks for live gigs. So far I think I have done OK with this. The styles in the Pro version are kind of limited, however, and I want to supplement. Would you recommend that I spend the $159 on the Xtra Styles package 1-6, or use the money to buy more Real Tracks? I cannot do the Ultra Pak right now. That is something I would consider down the line. Thanks in advance for your input.
Posted By: Charlie Fogle Re: Real Tracks versus Xtra Styles - 12/07/18 04:06 PM
I think you will be more satisfied upgrading. Adding Styles can be tricky because new Styles may use newly released RealTracks and you will not get the full benefit of the Style because you will have to substitute a RealTrack you do have in place of the RealTrack you don't have that's specified in the Style. The Style will still work and is completely useable, but just without the Tracks intended.
Posted By: chuckster55 Re: Real Tracks versus Xtra Styles - 12/07/18 04:30 PM
Thanks Charlie,

Do you know anything about the Mega Pak? That looks like it would be a $149 upgrade for me. Maybe I should just call support!! wink
Posted By: Teunis Re: Real Tracks versus Xtra Styles - 12/07/18 05:38 PM
Getting Xtra Styles might not work with the Pro. You need the RealTracks the styles are based on. I came a bit unglued like that and therefore went to The UltraPAK and purchased the XtraStyles a bit later. Sure the XtraStyles give you a lot more but the important bit is to have all the RealTracks first.

IMHO

Tony
Posted By: Charlie Fogle Re: Real Tracks versus Xtra Styles - 12/08/18 10:32 PM
Originally Posted By: chuckster55
Thanks Charlie,

Do you know anything about the Mega Pak? That looks like it would be a $149 upgrade for me. Maybe I should just call support!! wink

Any package above Pro will be a substantial upgrade but you have to read carefully when buying the xtra styles and RealTracks as some specify a certain package or above to be sure the instruments chosen for the styles are included with your version of BIAB. I recommend you contact sales and discuss the music genres you're most interested in and also how you intend to use BIAB.
© PG Music Forums