PG Music Home
Posted By: cubalibre Tracks volume issue - 01/01/19 02:43 PM
I have a biab song with a soloist horns track. When I listen I have noticed that when the horns play, the volume of the bass track is lowered by itself. It seems that the tracks are not independent.
has anyone encountered this problem?
Posted By: Noel96 Re: Tracks volume issue - 01/01/19 04:39 PM
Are the tracks involved all MIDI tracks or all Realtracks?

If you can paste an image of your desktop view when in Standard View mode, it would help greatly.

The image that I'm meaning will look something like the one below. (Note: you might need to use CTRL+T to change views to Standard Mode.)

Attached picture chordsheet in standard view.jpg
Posted By: cubalibre Re: Tracks volume issue - 01/01/19 05:01 PM
Ok Noel

Attached picture Cattura.JPG
Posted By: jazzsax Re: Tracks volume issue - 01/01/19 05:22 PM
I have an unrelated question, how are you able to get a Drums 2 track?
I am using Mac version.
Posted By: Noel96 Re: Tracks volume issue - 01/01/19 05:25 PM
Originally Posted By: jazzsax
I have an unrelated question, how are you able to get a Drums 2 track?
I am using Mac version.

Hi jazzsax,

I suggest you create a new thread for this question as it is (as you say) unrelated to this thread. As a result, others will not find it to help.

Regards,
Noel
Posted By: Matt Finley Re: Tracks volume issue - 01/01/19 05:31 PM
OK, the horns and the bass are both MIDI (and the only MIDI tracks). So now the question becomes, what are you using for your MIDI sounds? Also tell us what your MIDI Output is in Preferences, MIDI Drivers and also if DXi is checked.
Posted By: Noel96 Re: Tracks volume issue - 01/01/19 06:11 PM
Thanks for the image, Cubalibre. I'll see if I can work out what might be happening. What version of BIAB do you have?
Posted By: Noel96 Re: Tracks volume issue - 01/01/19 06:53 PM
Originally Posted By: Matt Finley
OK, the horns and the bass are both MIDI (and the only MIDI tracks). So now the question becomes, what are you using for your MIDI sounds? Also tell us what your MIDI Output is in Preferences, MIDI Drivers and also if DXi is checked.

I agree with Matt. This is very important information for problem solving.

In the meantime, have a look at the image below and see if de-activating the allow volume changes option helps.

Attached picture volume changes setting 2019.JPG
Posted By: cubalibre Re: Tracks volume issue - 01/02/19 06:04 PM
Hello Noel and Matt,
The request informations are:
Win 8.1
Biab 2018
Bass MIDI ---->Sforzando
Horns MIDI ---->Latin Urban Vsti

Attached picture Screenshot_4.jpg
Posted By: cubalibre Re: Tracks volume issue - 01/02/19 06:19 PM
Ok,
de-activating the allow volume changes seems to have solved the problem

What is this option for?
Posted By: cubalibre Re: Tracks volume issue - 01/02/19 06:22 PM
Thanks
Posted By: jford Re: Tracks volume issue - 01/02/19 06:41 PM
The "allow style volume changes" checkbox means that whatever volume setting is set in the style file for that track will be used for that track (overriding and resetting whatever changes you manually make) every time you regenerate the song. Unchecking the box means that when you first load the style, it will use the style volume as the default, but when you regenerate the song (or save the file), it will keep whatever changes you have made to the volume (overriding whatever is set in the style).

Hope that helps.
© PG Music Forums