PG Music Home
Posted By: Belladonna Input and Output Sample Rates Must Match? - 02/03/19 02:22 AM
Does anyone know what this means? I get it in BIAB and also the DAWs?
Posted By: Noel96 Re: Input and Output Sample Rates Must Match? - 02/03/19 04:20 AM
Donna,

If you are using the WAS audio driver in BIAB, it's a bit fussy about having matching settings (well, it used to be -- I'm not sure if it still is). These are Windows settings.

This means that if your Playback settings in Windows are set to 48,000 Hz and 16 bit, the Recording settings need to be set to 48,000 Hz and 16 bit also. Doing this avoids a Windows Audio Session (WAS) driver error.

In BIAB, I personally avoid this by setting my BIAB audio driver to MME rather than WAS. It's found under "Audio | Audio Driver/Settings".

Regards,
Noel
Hi

Yes indeed can be a bit tricky this one .
Basically you need to get your windows sound card default settings (under windows sound in Control panel ) to what you will be using in BIAB & your DAWs.
BIAB works at 41000 16 bit
This happens automatically for me when I use my Akai pro sound interface with its own Asio driver it sets it self to the incoming settings.
But if I use the on board Reaktek sound I have to set its default to match my software.
Some software can convert on input but not all.
The only problem with using MME is latency if you are playing a say a keyboard live, WHILE RECORDING. In which case you could try “Asio for all”
Mike
Thanks guys for the info.
© PG Music Forums