PG Music Home
Hi,

I'm trying out the Vocal Synth feature for the first time and am encountering a problem with lyrics which I haven't been able to resolve with the online tutorials or through the user guide.

For the Vocal Synth to work, I think the lyrics have to be entered in the notation window, but this doesn't seem to be working for me.

The first two notes of my melody line are quavers (eight-notes). I can add the first word without any problems, but when I add the second word, the first word changes to match second word (as in, the first two words end up being the same). If I then try to edit the first word back, the second word will change to match it. Can anyone offer any advice?

Thanks!
Mike,

Have you looked at the Notation Spacing Options available by pressing Ctrl + E, selecting the "Notation" button, then "More" then "Other Notation Options" as seen in the top screenshot below?

Another possibility is to increase the number of ticks that equals one quarter note. This setting is changed by pressing Ctrl + E again, selecting the "MIDI Options" button, then changing the information in the bottom selection as seen in the bottom screenshot below.

Attached picture Clipboard01.jpg
Attached picture Clipboard02.jpg
Hi Jim

Thanks very much for the comprehensive advice.

I've discovered that I can import MIDI with lyrics, so I think for me the easiest solution will be to write the melody and lyrics in Sibelius and then import the whole lot.

That said, it was useful to learn about the notation spacing options, so thanks!

Mike
Hi Mike,

Try using BIAB 32-bit and see if that helps. I recently wrote a song with melody and lyrics and, in the end, I used the 32-bit version of the program rather than the 64-bit version.

Are you able to make your song a downloadable link so that I can give it a test run? Dropbox is good for this sort of thing.

Regards,
Noel

Hi Noel,

Thanks for the suggestion. I have to say I abandoned BIAB 64-bit a while ago as it seemed to crash every 10 minutes for me (even after a reinstall), so I'm already working in the 32-bit version.

Since I can import lyrics as well as melody from Sibelius I'm perfectly happy to do that as I find it far easier to write notation in Sibelius anyway.

Thanks anyway though, as always!

M
© PG Music Forums