PG Music Home
Posted By: Sordova Which Product Bundle to purchase - 02/22/19 02:45 PM
I have not yet purchased a BiaB product, but intend to do so. I am struggling with buying the Pro bundle or the Mega Pak and am curious if any users have an opinion on if they regret not purchasing the more extensive bundle. Conversely, if they did start with the Mega Pak, but have decided it was not worth the extra cost.

If any of you have some insight on where a newbie would be best to start, pease chime in.

Thanks in advance.....
Posted By: jford Re: Which Product Bundle to purchase - 02/22/19 03:42 PM
The difference is the number of additional content you get (RealTracks, RealDrums, etc), which give you the ability to create more diverse kinds of music. The BIAB main application (as well as RealBand) are exactly the same across all the packages.

Based on previous comments on the forum, if you buy either the Pro or the Mega and you like the program, you will quickly decide that you should have gotten the Ultra Pack. If you find you don't like it, remember that PGMusic offers a 30-day no questions asked money back guarantee (so if you do get it, be sure to install it right away and figure out whether you want to keep it).

When I bought BIAB some twenty years ago, it didn't me very long to realize that I needed the version with "all" the available content. But that will be your decision.
Posted By: Sordova Re: Which Product Bundle to purchase - 02/22/19 04:21 PM
Thank you for your insight. It carries a lot of weight coming from a twenty year veteran of BIAB!
Posted By: MarioD Re: Which Product Bundle to purchase - 02/22/19 05:08 PM
Another long time BiaB user here. My advice is to purchase the largest package that you can afford. As mentioned there is a 30 day money back guarantee. As John it didn't take me long to want and get the UltraPak.

One thing to remember regardless of what package you get is that just because a style is in one genre doesn't mean it can't be used in other genres. For example sometimes I use a jazz style in a country song, or visa-versa. Or I'll take a blues style and play jazz to it. For me that is a lot of fun. Plus you will get exposed to genres you would never have tried without BiaB.

The last thing but the most important thing to remember is that this is the most friendly site on the web. ALL questions are answered, most of the time in detail.

I hope this helped and good luck.
Posted By: Sordova Re: Which Product Bundle to purchase - 02/22/19 05:27 PM
Thank you for your comments. I was once told that if you buy the best you can afford, you will only cry once. Sage advice for sure, much like your own.

Did you get your amazon order yet? Lol
Posted By: MarioD Re: Which Product Bundle to purchase - 02/22/19 05:33 PM
Originally Posted By: Sordova
Thank you for your comments. I was once told that if you buy the best you can afford, you will only cry once. Sage advice for sure, much like your own.

Yes, but they both came at the same time and the egg was broken and the chicken was dead! Oh well, back to steak!
Posted By: Teunis Re: Which Product Bundle to purchase - 02/22/19 10:35 PM
And I thought the chicken and egg issue was resolved when they found the egg with a smug look on its face laying beside the chicken looking frazzled sucking on a cigarette.

Originally Posted By: MarioD
Originally Posted By: Sordova

Yes, but they both came at the same time and the egg was broken and the chicken was dead! Oh well, back to steak!
© PG Music Forums