PG Music Home
This is a rather specific request and I wasn't sure which forum to post it in. Hope it's ok to post it here!

But anyway, I'd like to put together a backing track for Duke Ellington's "Caravan" and I'm having a lot of trouble finding a RealStyle that fits that tune.

The song does appear in the StylePicker song menu, but none of the suggestions are appropriate (they all seem to be "smooth jazz" for some reason!).

I am using BIAB UltraPAK 2019 for Windows and I have all the BonusPaks, so I should have every RealStyle

Thanks!
You could try:
=SAMBA
=L_RUMBA
_OCEAN

=DOGS_BJ is actually listed fort Caravan but I thought it was the least of the bunch, actually.

I couldn't find anything with a really good match though.
I think you are gonna need 2 styles because of the change. There use to be a BIAB user group on Yahoo that had some songs made in Biab MIDI sounds. BIAB might give you suggestions on a change to RealTracks. Also Google it as BIAB Caravan File, I haven't done this song in a long time, but about 15yrs ago I made one for a Steel Guitar Player that he liked.
I found 4 versions of this song made for BIAB. They used these styles:

LATNROK2.STY Latin Rock 2

J_WYNT_K.STY Winton K (Chord Embellishment)

ZZBOSSA.STY Bossa Nova Style

ZZJAZZ.STY Jazz Swing Style
Also for the "B" section try J_BASIE1, 2, or 3.STY for a good walking bass. They are some of the old original MIDI styles from BIAB. You could also try substituting some RT's into these old MIDI styles and make up your own user style that might sound good.
© PG Music Forums