PG Music Home
Posted By: cubalibre Piano Realtrack midi notation - 04/20/19 06:34 AM
Hello,
I looked at the notation of a Piano Acoustic realtrack #471 and I see that there is nothing in the bass clef.
How can I make this notation better and more readable? Left and right hands.

Attached picture Screenshot_7.png
Posted By: jford Re: Piano Realtrack midi notation - 04/20/19 07:24 AM
Unfortunately, capturing a performance on a MIDI piano (which is how the piano RT was most likely captured) isn't going to distinguish between what is played by the right hand and what is played by the left hand (which is what I think your real question is, since none of the notes presented would normally even be in the bass clef). In a dedicated notation program, you could temporarily make the bass clef a treble clef, and split between left/right hand, but would have to do that manually. BIAB isn't going to do that, though.

If I saw the above, with nothing in the bass clef, but those long reach chords in the treble clef, I would just automatically split the playing between L/R hands, even though there's nothing in the notation telling you to do so explicitly,
Posted By: cubalibre Re: Piano Realtrack midi notation - 04/20/19 11:37 AM
Originally Posted By: jford

If I saw the above, with nothing in the bass clef, but those long reach chords in the treble clef, I would just automatically split the playing between L/R hands, even though there's nothing in the notation telling you to do so explicitly,

how do I do what you say?
Posted By: Mike Head Re: Piano Realtrack midi notation - 04/20/19 05:39 PM
Hi

I don’t see a problem the clef split point is settable in the notation options
And also in lead sheet options see pic
However the notes you show would normally all be shown in the treble clef anyway.
Let me know if I have misunderstood.
Mike

Attached picture notation.jpg
Posted By: jford Re: Piano Realtrack midi notation - 04/21/19 05:23 PM
Quote:
how do I do what you say?

Its just the way I would play it. I don't think BIAB allows two treble clefs on a piano staff, so you would need a dedicated notation program to split hands across two treble clef.
© PG Music Forums