PG Music Home
Posted By: Lizzz Strange Problem - 04/21/19 03:14 PM
Brand new to the software so forgive my ignorance. I have a strange organ sound playing over the tracks every time I switch styles. No idea where is coming from. Any suggestions?
Posted By: Noel96 Re: Strange Problem - 04/21/19 03:34 PM
Hi Lizzz,

Welcome to the forums.

I suspect that you might have loaded the chords for a style's demo and that that demo has an organ melody associated with it.

If the above is the case, try muting the Melody (or Soloist) track and see if that helps. The "Mute" option is found as an M on the mixer. (See the top graphic below.) The "S" beside "M" is for soloing the track.

Just checking... have you loaded a midi file from the internet by any chance?

In the meantime, what is the name of the style you are using. (See the lower image below. If your BIAB view is different from mine, CTRL+T will switch between views.)

Regards,
Noel

Attached picture mute button.JPG
Attached picture style name.JPG
Posted By: Lizzz Re: Strange Problem - 04/21/19 04:46 PM
Thanks for your response Noel. Muting the melody button unfortunately doesn't help. It actually starts playing this organ sound in the beginning with the count off after I switch styles so I tried turning off the count with no luck. The organ sound still plays as soon as the song starts and it isn't even in the right key .... just this one note continual organ sound. No idea where it came from. I haven't done anything with midi either. Just installed the software .... that's all.
Posted By: Lizzz Re: Strange Problem - 04/21/19 04:55 PM
I forgot to mention that it does this no matter what style I play .... thanks again, Lizzz
Posted By: Noel96 Re: Strange Problem - 04/21/19 05:09 PM
Lizzz,

Try muting each of the tracks in turn. The sound should be coming from one of them. Isolating which track the sound is coming from might help give some added insight.

Also, does this work with both BIAB 32 bit and 64 bit? (I'm assuming that you have BIAB 2019 -- there is no BIAB 64 bit in earlier versions.)

Regards,
Noel
Posted By: Lizzz Re: Strange Problem - 04/21/19 05:18 PM
Thanks that seemed to help for some reason! Learning new software is always challenging unfortunately so thanks!
Posted By: Noel96 Re: Strange Problem - 04/21/19 05:44 PM
Glad you're up and running (although I'm not sure what the problem might have been).

All the best,
Noel
Posted By: Lizzz Re: Strange Problem - 04/21/19 05:44 PM
Seems like the sounds from the previous style were carrying over when I played a different style and muting the track corrects the situation to where the right sound plays on the track once it is unmuted. An odd problem for which I wonder if there is a fix?
Posted By: Noel96 Re: Strange Problem - 04/21/19 06:04 PM
Lizzz,

At some stage while experimenting, did you render a backing to audio?

If so, that audio file will play even when another style is loaded. If that's the case, it's necessary to 'Kill' the audio - this option is found under the "Audio" menu on the uppermost menu bar.

Also, Did you play around with Performance tracks at all? This will also create an audio file that might interfere.

Did you exit BIAB and then restart it? And if so, did the problem persist after this?

What track was the organ sound on?

Regards,
Noel
© PG Music Forums