PG Music Home
Sorry if this is really dumb (I have checked the manual, I promise) but how do you simply delete a track in BIAB 2019 (windows)?

I've tried right click --> track actions --> "erase track", but that doesn't seem to do anything.

So far I've just been muting a track I don't want, but it'd be nice to simply remove it so that BIAB doesn't have to worry about generating those tracks.
Hi Mike02392,

One way is to disable the track. You can disable a track by moving your mouse to the mixer section > use the mouse to right click on the instrument name in the track (to open a menu) > Track Settings > remove the (track name) is enabled check mark.

Another way is the same right click steps but go to Track Actions (just below Track Settings)> Erase Track.

Attached picture Clipboard01.jpg
Attached picture Clipboard03.jpg
Hi Jim

Thanks for your reply. As always, I'm really grateful for people taking the time to answer the many queries that pop up on this forum!

I think 'disable track' pretty much does what I want, so thank you for that suggestion.

I'm still a bit unsure about "erase track" though, because when I click that it doesn't seem to do anything. Does that suggest there might be something wrong with my BIAB installation?

Thanks again!
I'm not absolutely sure, but with Erase Track, you may need to regenerate to complete the function.
Hi Mike

My thoughts
If you erase a track that is a style track then regenerate the style will put the track back. Unless you modify the style itself.

Midi data that you have entered on the melody and soloist track will be gone if you erase it, until you put some back.
Mike

© PG Music Forums