PG Music Home
Posted By: Rustyspoon# Shots / rests timing question... - 05/11/19 12:02 PM
Hi Folks.
This is embarrassing, but I might of asked this question before...This is how I know I am getting older smile

Is it possible to have a custom time for rest or hold if it is the last chord in a bar (or maybe middle?)? Meaning if I want the bar to play at normal speed but the last chord hold for twice as long of what is holding by default?

I know how to change the tempo of the whole bar... but is it possible to do it painlessly for "certain" chord(s) within a bar?

Thank you in advance!

Misha.
Posted By: Charlie Fogle Re: Shots / rests timing question... - 05/11/19 12:15 PM
I'm old too and not sure I understand correctly. Are you saying place a hold in the following manner?

Bar 1 Beat 1 = C

Bar 3 Beat 3 = G...

Bar 4 Beat 4 = G7

Bar 5 Beat 1 = C

This creates a hold at the end of Bar 3 until Beat 4 of Bar 4.
Posted By: Rustyspoon# Re: Shots / rests timing question... - 05/11/19 12:53 PM
Charlie, thank you for answering!
Let me re-phrase that... Is it possible to slow down a particular beat in the bar and then go back to normal tempo? Not the whole bar...
Posted By: Matt Finley Re: Shots / rests timing question... - 05/11/19 03:16 PM
Not, I think, if you keep the song in 4/4 throughout or whatever the time signature. Tempo changes affect an entire measure.

So, try using F5 and break up the measure into smaller increments. For example if you pressed F5 and made that measure two beats, then pressed F5 in the next (new half) measure and changed the tempo, you should be able to accomplish what you want. Just remember to do F5 on the following measure where you need to restore 4 beats per measure and/or a certain tempo.
Posted By: Rustyspoon# Re: Shots / rests timing question... - 05/11/19 10:14 PM
Matt,
YES! Not exactly how I imagined, but does exactly what I wanted.
Thank you!!!

Misha.
Posted By: Matt Finley Re: Shots / rests timing question... - 05/11/19 10:43 PM
Cool.
© PG Music Forums