PG Music Home
Posted By: spiro13 Adding Solo To backing Trac - 05/14/19 12:14 PM
Hi

I'm new to BIB and it is a great program. A problem I have is adding a solo to a backing trac. I can get it to work where I want it but only if I allow Two choruses to play. In a song that repeats at the end back to Bar 1, one chorus is enough. I would appreciate any help to get a Solo to work after the repeat from Bar 1 to the Bridge, in a one chorus song.

Thanks

Tony
Posted By: Mike Head Re: Adding Solo To backing Trac - 05/14/19 01:15 PM
Hi Tony

You can mute any bars you don’t want the soloist to play, in chord settings by pressing F5 and them un muting the soloist when you do want to hear it. (you can select the choruses here as well)

Or alternately you can unfold the song this makes one long non repeating song.
Then just insert the notes for the soloist at the bars you want them.

Mike
Posted By: spiro13 Re: Adding Solo To backing Trac - 05/16/19 11:03 AM
Thanks Mike.

I'll give a try.

Tony
Posted By: Jim Fogle Re: Adding Solo To backing Trac - 05/16/19 10:48 PM
Tony,

Welcome to the forum and to Band-in-a-Box.

Many people divides a song into segments like Intro, Verse, Bridge, Chorus, and Ending but Band-in-a-Box (BiaB) doesn't.

Band-in-a-Box divides a song into three parts: Intro, Chorus and End; that's all.

Intro and End are played one time each. Intro starts the song and End is the last part of the song. Intro can be as many bars as you want while End is either two or four bars in length.

All the bars between the Intro and End make up the chorus. The chorus can be played as many times as you desire (up to a point).

The maximum length that a song can be is 255 bars. Intro + (Chorus * Chorus repeats) + End = 255 bars max.
© PG Music Forums