PG Music Home
Posted By: Lesley55 Changing velocity of a single note - 05/24/19 06:47 PM
When you change the velocity (volume) of a single note by right clicking on the note and selecting "edit note", does only that note change, or is the velocity of subsequent notes also changed ?

I know when you make a change to a bar, all the bars from there on are changed.
Posted By: AudioTrack Re: Changing velocity of a single note - 05/24/19 07:39 PM
Originally Posted By: Lesley55
When you change the velocity (volume) of a single note by right clicking on the note and selecting "edit note", does only that note change, or is the velocity of subsequent notes also changed ?

I know when you make a change to a bar, all the bars from there on are changed.

In answer to your question: Yes, only the velocity of that edited note will change. This can also be undertaken in the Piano Roll editor.

Note however, if this is a RealTrack then it is likely that the track will be replaced upon a new generation. The MIDI data for RealTracks is only a transcription that shows the notation.

Are you using MIDI or RealTracks?
Posted By: Lesley55 Re: Changing velocity of a single note - 05/24/19 08:03 PM
The notes I am trying to change are MIDI. But there is a realstyle accompaniment.
Posted By: Lesley55 Re: Changing velocity of a single note - 05/24/19 08:07 PM
How do you change velocity in piano roll? I see a drop down menu for velocity but the selections are puzzling.

Edit : I found a 2013 video that show how to edit velocity in piano roll.
Posted By: Lesley55 Re: Changing velocity of a single note - 05/24/19 10:03 PM
Thanks so much for the information!
Posted By: AudioTrack Re: Changing velocity of a single note - 05/25/19 05:38 AM
Glad you got it sorted out.
Thanks for letting us know it's now OK.
© PG Music Forums